Drip, Drip, Drip goes the fuel

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Spartica

Drip, Drip, Drip goes the fuel

Postby Spartica » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:21 am

Well... I was rudely awoken this morning by my mum asking me to hlp my dad push my car out of the garage as the fuel was leaking :'( :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
My dad doesn't know what it could be and neither do I, the leak looks like it's coming from the pertol tank. We can't figure out what could of happend to it.. so untill we find out what happend and where I have to drive my dads Cryno(auto)!! Help me drive my car again quickly! Any suggestions on where the leak could be/what could of happend?

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Drip, Drip, Drip goes the fuel

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:20 am

hey dude

Jack the back of your car up and have a look from under neath for any trail and follow them up to see where abouts it is coming from

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:28 pm

If you haven't been playing around there with any tools i would suggest that the most likely cause of the problem is that you've hit something while driving that has punctured your fuel tank or dislodged your fuel/return lines.

I would start by looking for the leak as city_boy_t1 suggested.  If the leak is a hole in the tank you are going to have to drain the tank by removing the bung in the bottom.  Take out the tank, make sure it's completely dry and ventilated, take it to an engineer and get the hole welded up.  Otherwise loose hoses and stuff should be easy to fix.

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:20 pm

Hi Spartica,

A few Citys here in Brisbane have had a problem with where the fuel return pipe goes into the tank.  The pipe actually comes loose in its weld.

Drain the tank, take it out.  Fill the tank with water and resolder the join.  Dry the tank completely and refit.

Awkward, but not as difficult as a turbo change.

One club member used an epoxy tank repair compound, that lasted about a year.

good luck,
Campbell

Spartica

Postby Spartica » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:00 am

Thanks guys for the tip. Turns out that the hose leading to the filter was cracked and the pipe had broken from the weld int he tank. So my dad and I drained it, took it out and put some special putty onto it(I'll get you the name of it if you want) and problem all fixed!!! YYAAYY!!!
This morning tho, started up my car and the idleing was all "bung" and so i opend the bonnet, no water int he radiator as it had been leaking through the gasket into the valves and right throughout the engine.... Nw sits a new job for me before the day even started!!! ggrrr

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:26 pm

;D
Hey maybe thats were all my petrol going

???

Return to “General”