Cross Flow head

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Bino

Cross Flow head

Postby Bino » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:22 am

In what country, or on what model of City, or in what years, did the Cross-Flow (non-CVCC) head exist that fits the City Turbo ER engine?
Thanks

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Cross Flow head

Postby Turbo3 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:26 am

Using a non CVCC head on mine, but it's not cross flow and I don't know of any that were. I'd be into one big time if they exist!!  ;D
It was from the basic City E or Pro from around '84 and needs a bit of filling at the top if you want to put the nice Combax rocker cover on it. Otherwise it drops straight on.
Pete 8)

Bino

Postby Bino » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:37 am

Alright, thought I remembered reading the cross-flow thing somewhere.  So it was on the basic City E or Pro.  Thanks a ton

Bino

Postby Bino » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:43 am

Which brings me to my next question, how do you tell a non-CVCC head externally?  On the main cityturbo.com page under "General Info" it says that every City came with a CVCC head?

tur8ociv
Forum Participant

Postby tur8ociv » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:37 pm

Hey There,

You are prob thinking of the Civic that is owned by Angus which has a "cross flow head" in it. That is because the engine is an EB motor which uses the cross flow design as standard.

Sorry, never heard of an ER motor with the cross flow design nor have I heard of someone fitting one on.

Check out the Racecraft site by Charles to learn more about Anguses car. http://www.users.bigpond.com/Racecraft/  It's prob also in the links page for this ssite as well.

Enjoy

Bino

Postby Bino » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:11 pm

No, I'm quite familiar with that Civic (Used to be owned by Peter)... one-off Momo wheels.. tight.   I've got a 1.4L EB sitting on my work bench that's balanced and waiting for a head and other misc.   I'll finish building it while I'm driving the Citified Civic (1976).

I visit that website for inspiration, though they've redone most of it in the last 6 months.

Return to “General”