Engine cuts out after start up

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
andrewleechnz

Engine cuts out after start up

Postby andrewleechnz » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:33 am

Hi,

Some of you may remember me mentioning my project a while ago - City turbo engine in a competition 4wd.

I've finally got it wired up and ready to go. The problem is that it only runs for about  3 seconds at a time! It starts and runs well and then cuts out straight away. I'm guessing that I've got something wired wrong and the computer is shutting it down for some reason.

When you turn the ignition on, the center 2 leds light up on the computer, and stay on while it runs. Does this give any of you some clues?

Speedy replies would be apreciated, as I have my first competition this weekend.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Engine cuts out after start up

Postby Charles » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:18 pm

Sounds like main relay is on the blink. Have you wired the fuel pump through the main relay? If so when you turn on ignition does the fuel pump run for 4 seconds then stop?

If you havent used the main relay for fuel it may possibly detect no circuit and after 4 seconds shut off ECU feed.

andrewleechnz

Postby andrewleechnz » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:25 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've just put the complete loom and relays etc in, minus the leads to the lights and aircon etc.
Ive just been playing around with it tonight, and found that it was the connection to the water temp sensor. Now it runs, although it's quite rough, and it dies when you move the accelerator. I think it's probably a vacuum leak, and I'll have a look at that tommorow.
The computer now shows lights 1 & 2. Do you know what that means?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:11 am

1 and 2

Symptoms are fuel fouled plugs
Frequent engine stalling and hesitation

Causes
Disconnected map sensors (or faulty/wiring short)
Make sure both sensors share the same line and the vacuum line are plumbed in after the throttle body to recieve true manifold vacuum..

andrewleechnz

Postby andrewleechnz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:16 pm

Thanks,
I've got it running a lot better now, but it seems like everytime I fix one fault it just shows up another!!
The computer now has 1, 2 & 8 showing. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Andrew.

turbo2boy

Postby turbo2boy » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:49 pm

hay just  wonders what type of 4wd it is as iv got a sj410 zuki with a turbo 2 engine in it

Return to “General”