Honda spares unhelpfull

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Honda spares unhelpfull

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:46 am

>:(They have got to be the most unhelpfull people I've dealt with.

I went in a couple of months back to get prices for my control arm / ball joint and it was seemingly a simple task >:( but then yesterday I went in to order a Vac advance..  they needed my engine number chassis number had to fax melbourne, and basically said that they don't want anything to do with me because I had an import Honda CIty T2..  

No wreckers have vac advances here, although they assume it'll be the same as a City Pro unit but won't separate them from the dizzy..  bummers

Just thought I'd vent here..  

later
Andy

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: Honda spares unhelpfull

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:47 am

Strong for Honda may do international shipping if you ask nicely (I assume oyu are in Oz?) They are very easy to deal with and always have City Turbo parts available....

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:38 pm

I'm after a new vac advance too.  Yep, we're in aus, both in brisbane.  How much are the vac advance from Strong for Honda?

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:01 pm

If you want to have any success with getting T11 parts from local honda dealers you need to first look up the part number in the info database then ask for it by part number. The dealers don't have any of this information so will show very little interest. The part number for the Vac advance canister is  "30104PD1912  control vacuum" I bought one over the phone from Westmore Car Centre, Parts and Service: 24 Sylvan Road, Toowong . Qld.  The parts man knew exactly what I wanted and sourced it from the Honda Australia warehouse. Cost me $189.95 plus gst  Phone (07)3000 2500   I got some ccvc valve stem seals at the same time. It is not the same as the Pro T.  

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:22 pm

It would be cheaper to get a used one shipped over from here, but i dont know if they will honour the guarantee if the part has left the country...

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:54 am

got an email address or phone number for strong for Honda in NZ???  might send them a message see what I can do!!

THanks
Andy

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:56 am

Hi Andy

Take a look here http://www.stronghonda.co.nz.  I sorted a new vacuum advance for someone in Oz and just posted it over there.  The last one I brought was about $160NZD, they were much cheaper about 18months ago but for some reason Honda decided to more than double the price.

Cheers

Tony  :D

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:37 pm

That was me that Tony shipped it over to.  Got here promptly and cost less than buying it here.  PS.  The non-turbo one has only one housing and is not the same as the turbo one.  Good luck.  Joel

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:37 pm

I got mine ordered brand new through
the Honda spares behind the RE off Coronation Drive
Brisbane.
Ten days from japan $200 and something.

Got the part number and all that if you want it!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:25 pm

That is impressive, they have gone up in price heaps!!! Mine was only $75 or something when i got it. Been replaced twice on guarantee since then though...

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:31 pm

Emailed Strong For Honda they're out of 2nd handers.. but suggested I try Honda NZ...  no luck finding an email address there for spare parts..  might try Strong again to see if they can order me a new one.. I've asked Honda but they've not gotten back to me yet..

Smithy I'd love the number if that's cool.. just PM or email it to me thanks

Andy

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:07 pm

Right good news.. >:(  The vac advance part has been discontinued.  The fella reackons he can't even get one from Honda Japan... but will put in some application anyway to see if they can get one from elsewhere (where that'll be I have no idea and I don't think he has any clue either).  Ok well I think I might have to get onto Honda NZ and see if they've got one in the warehouse.

Ok I  might look into the possibility of making one..  Right so how do these things work again.?

Andy

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:41 pm

If you get desperate you can get them reconditioned, though i am not sure how much that will cost. It will be easy enough to find a buggered one (if you dont have one already). I think making one is probably a little optimistic, but i dont know what sort of equipment you have lying around...

Sleepy
Forum Regular

Postby Sleepy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:47 pm

Is the vacuum advance that lil tin thingy attached to the dizzy? If so I have a spare dizzy that has that still attached to it. I have no use for it cuz I am using Microtech that handles my timing.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:47 am

really??  ok then where are you I might see if we can get it sent  but can you first check if it works.. ie suck on the hose see if it stops after a little bit of sucking??  no point in sending a shagged one.. already got two of those!! haha!!  And Yes it is that Canister on the side of the dizzy.. should have two hose connections on it.  Email me we can work something out.

THanks
Andy
oudyn AT uqconnect.net

Return to “General”