built in speed alert!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Hondagirl

built in speed alert!!

Postby Hondagirl » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:46 pm

hey all i was wondering if anyone elses honda had a built in speed alert?? Like as soon as i hit 110 it just beeps at me and i have to back of the accelerator... is there a way of disconnecting it or not??

And also if u guys clean under the bonnet how do u go about it cause mine is very dirty under there and i'd like to clean it and give it a bit of a shine..

Fader
Admin

Re: built in speed alert!!

Postby Fader » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:30 pm

I dunno about any beeping, but i used to have a big red light in the dash when i got to 100km/h

Im pretty sure i might have gone over 110km/h once or twice only ;) and there was definatley no beeping!

If you can find the sound, im sure you can rip some wires out the back of it!

Cleaning, just use a spray degreaser, make sure you cover any inlets, as well as the dizzy, then give it a spray with degreaser, then use a light spray on your hose nozzle, dont go drowning it, and try not to get too much water on electrical bits. After that you might just have to scrub a few bits with an old rag if you are really keen, then give any bare metal, screws, nuts n bolt etc a spray with water-dispersant (WD40, RP7).

Thats what i do anyway, if it doesnt start afterwards, dont come after me!!!

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:13 pm

HondaGirl has one of the newer City's the more Civic shaped...

HAHA...about the beeping...could prob. wire it to a flashing LED instead...maybe...

T2's etc only have ared dash alert light!

yeah WD40 or degreaser spray it all then rub it off or spray with hose, a plastic bag over electrics or
air filters etc will help, but a spray of something and
a  wipe with a bag of cloths will help!...also some
Kitten cleaner or armour-all on the plastics will make it look more spiffy too...  

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:26 pm

my turbo 1 has a "go fast" beep in it 2...

VERY annoying, anyone else know where to cut this?

Jw

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:51 pm

All t1 and t2s came with the buzzer. It is on the back of the instrument cluster. Most cars haven't got to their current age without it be ripped out. Just snip the wires.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:59 pm

She has the newer Honda City....

...still same thing about snipping it off.

:)

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:59 pm

yes i have a honda city 1990 model and damn i'd luv to cut that wire if i ever find it god the beeping pisses me off lol... I shall find it one day and cut or unplug it mwahahaha should b fun lol

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:31 pm

My T2 still has this active :-(

Over 100km/h the red light comes on, anything over 105 and it beeps constantly.

I drove 8 hrs to Brisbane with it beeping, had a serious headache when i got there!

Charles, which wire is it? what side of the back is it? I can get the instument cluster out easy enough, but don't wanna do any damage doing the wrong one...

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:17 pm

I remember seeing that on the wiring diagram and laughing at it at the time. Cant say as I have ever got a city turbo over about 65kph :'( Though if you had seen the condition i generally buy them in you woulld understand why...

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:05 am

Hi All

I've killed a few of these, it is behind the instrument cluster, which doesn't have to be removed, just take the cluster front surround and top off.  It is the whitish circular thing on the left hand side behind the cluster, from memory the wires running into into it are green and black, just cut one of the wires with some side cutters and just leave it there and slap everything back together.

Cheers

Tony  ;)

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:52 am

Like Tony said, it should appear very similar in Honda girl's car. It is a little piezo buzzer mounted externally to the dash cluster (but still on it). Should be easy to identify.

Honda girl, I assume you still have the D13 in that car of yours. Time for an upgrade, no? Have been itching to see a somewhat decent motor in that car. The D15b is a very simple upgrade but you could go bigger again.

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:57 am

dude man i would go bigger even been thinking about putting a turbo in it but u do need money for it so ya that i dont have so it'll have to wait a bit longer...

Also would it b possible to get a pic of this instrument thigy where u cut that wire i'd luv to do mine...

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:53 pm

Charles:
You just happen to have a D15b for sale dont you. How coincidental ::)

What sort of power could you get out of a turbo D15b compared to say a turbo ZC DOHC?

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:29 pm

>:(

Yeah Those damn Beeper Things Really Fagg me off.

I ripped it out the First Opurtunity I had.......................stupid damn  >:( Beep

Hondagirl

Postby Hondagirl » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:38 pm

common guys can we get like a pic or a diagram as to where this wire is im keen to give it a shot and cut it or sumfin...

Return to “General”