Forum Participant

Re: KingCity

Postby Sander » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:46 am

You'll be fine! All that extra room with the new carport :p

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Hahaha nah just post the body kit to yourself & it's only a body kit, not another car on the lawn, i'm sure she will understand, just buy her some new shoes & you'll be right.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:12 pm

The Widebody cab. is *still* for sale...Are you registered on Trademe? wanna ask the bloke if he'll part with the bodykit bits? :D https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-c ... 485582.htm

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Yep still for sale, it's been on there for months & i doubt it very much if he would sell kit separate as he would need to find replacement bumpers. Yes i do have a Trademe account.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 pm

From what I've seen the original bumpers are under those ones....widebody bumpers are just skins that fit over the stock units. I tried asking myself but need to do the 'add cash to your account' thing first & they don't take paypal or commonwealth bank...1st world problems :D

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Ha yeah Trademe never used to be like that but it was sold to you guessed it Australian buyers who also own Gumtree i believe.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Bloody Aussies ;) - Hey new query, Any idea what Ohm range the City fuel gauge runs on? 0-90 ohm that kinda deal? I may have to run a separate fuel gauge & apparently you have to pick a ohm range...

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 am

Good question, I however cannot be of any help there as i have never had to do anything with fuel gauges before so have yet to learn about them, you already know more than i do but i am sure there will be Youtube videos explaining this side of things most likely not on a Honda City though. Also if you need to check the standard fuel tank gauge then the 2 wires for it are there with the fuel pump wires which are a few inches away from the pump. Unplug both wires to the fuel level gauge & use the OHMS setting on your multimeter to test resistance, make sure you drain the fuel tank completely out using the drain plug, put plug back in then make sure you have at least 41 liters of fuel in containers & then proceed to fill the tank all the way to the top taking note of the lowest & highest ohm for your range or just disconnect your tank & pull it out to get to the top of the tank where the level gauge is which you can just unbolt & move it by hand to get resistance values. I sold all my stuff other wise i would have tested my spare one for you saving you the hassle, Best of luck.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks for the info/tip :) - When I got my Turbo 1 I was mates with a retired mechanic that used to own it. He helped me with afew issues it had, but also gave me some dud advice like ' I stuck high quality pads on the front so that's all good ' - front pads turned out to be almost gone - ' The fuel gauge moves when u turn the car on/off, so issue is with the sender - you'll need to drop the tank ' - Might have been true, but on the weekend I yanked out the dash cluster & loosened/tightened the screws at the back of the gauge & bam - fuel gauge now works :) Far as the Ohms range, a japanese owner/mechanic has told me it's 2-110 according to the manual. Sadly although I fixed the fuel gauge my rev gauge now has stopped working :p Not such a big deal as the car already had a aftermarket one installed that does work. I have a spare T2 cluster somewhere in my shed(s) so might try that out now that I'm a master of removing the cluster ;) Dropping the tank was also fun...got to remove a nice sized Redback & a bunch of her eggs.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Good one man, glad you found the main cause, the rev counter screws may also need a tighten too if that has decided to play up after fixing fuel gauge. I can remember having a Honda with a gauge cluster issue & found it had all its rev counter screws loose, my thoughts were that someone tried to wire up a 5" Tacho or some type of rev counter & removed it before selling the car to me & just couldn't be bothered tightening them back up properly. As for those Redbacks well you can happily keep them as here in NZ the biggest threat is Yellow Jacket wasps camping out in tight hidden spaces in the winter months but they are normally to cold to move & sting you if you rub your hand over one by mistake.

Return to “Member Cars”