bitterberry

Post pictures and details of your Honda City
KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: bitterberry

Postby KingCity » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Na just thought you might have been north island but your cutting up a good car so its worth nothing to me. As for a transplant swap there is no issue, you gotta remember mine is a N/A body & i didn't run into any issues with the swap apart from some trim differences & yes the breaks are different but i've had plenty of N/A citys & they all have had better breaks than any of my T1s so im not sure about break issues but you can just swap the turbo stuff all over anyway, up to you but from what i can see the red one is the better shell to use.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:56 pm

bitterberry wrote:It's not a city R it's actually a city E. Says so on the badge on the back. I had thought about using that body but it's automatic and non fuel injected so I've heard there can be a few problems getting around that. As well as terrible brakes. I'm willing to sell the shell, only it'll be minus 2x front fenders, both doors and it will have part of the rear guards cut to weld onto my city turbo, so after that I'm not sure what else you could really use it for. I am in christchurch. If you wanna buy any parts though give me a yell (from what I have left) I've actuallu got a friend of a friend doing a big paint and panel on my city turbo very soon for cheap so in about a month I should have an update with it looking nice!

Its got City-R seats, exterior trim & front grill, does it have a red top or black top engine?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am

Red top engine. Not sure which one that makes it. Weird if it is a city r I just figured it was what the badge said because it doesn't look like anythings been played with before in this car. Did they make auto city R's?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Springs here!

Everyone likes some down force on their springs right?

I'm suspecting a gain of around 10kw because they say zoom, which means they're fast.

Went over to a mates yesterday to fit springs, only managed to get the front springs on though as it was tedious work and took a lot longer than expected and I had to shoot off.
Much to my dismay the springs actually increased height... The springs that were in there were some lego king springs from an integra, so a small raise in the front was had. That's okay though, the rear is the real problem. Just today I gave the city over to a panel beater for a few weeks for big panel/paint job, so rear springs will have to wait a couple weeks until I get it back. ANYWAY. Before and after.

Before.

After.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:21 pm

bitterberry wrote:Red top engine. Not sure which one that makes it. Weird if it is a city r I just figured it was what the badge said because it doesn't look like anythings been played with before in this car. Did they make auto city R's?

Yep red top is JDM & 90% are autos & i've had 1 manual which is the chop top City which i've only ever seen one other manual JDM version however some of the last N/A citys (86-87, may even be 88 out there) are classed as City-E's & they are auto so i guess it will come down to a vehicle history check to see if its NZ new or imported as it could have been rebadged to keep up with demand, im not sure what engine they run though.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey well fancy that, a quick carjam report tells me it's an import from japan that came in 1990. Probably did get rebadged for some reason. The more you know!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 am

That's abit disappointing about the springs height-wise, but at least maybe a option far as fresh replacements go. Last year I emailed a local suspension place that said they could easily make me up a set of springs to suit my car, but a car-unseen price quoted was $670 I think. Are there any susp. joints in your part of Aus that makeup springs?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 pm

I think once I get the rear springs on it'll be a nice height all round and the front still drop for like a week after you initially put the springs in so they could end up being lower. It's definitely lower than stock but just the fact that there were already low springs in there meant that it was a slight increase. I'm in NZ and I don't know anyone off the top of my head that does, but that doesn't really mean there aren't any.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah Cobra springs do & i think they may be in Christchurch too, i was going to get them to make some for me but then went to Speed Factor in Tauranga & got them to make me an adjustable setup.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Ahh See King what are we gonna do without your knowledge ay? You got any 14" Impul meshies with Aero covers hiding in your stash-o-bits? I'd love a set of them... :)

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Haha nah i don't, i will however have some Mugan ones in a few days but without the covers but they could be made as the rim has the bolt holes from what i see, by the way they are off that B18c GA City that i have just bought :wink:

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Mate you bought that city? Epic! I'm sure it hoons like no other... If I was you I'd look into brake upgrades for that asap though as the little city brakes aren't made for that kind of power.. Make another build thread for it here! Still a city ;)

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes it is so i'll be sure to add it to my archive. I haven't picked it up yet, chances are 'Turdbo' will get the first drive & hes never driven a Vtec so it could change him hahaha. Yeah it comes with some bigger breaks that need to be fitted so yeah that will help i hope.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Small update:

Stopped over at Todd's today to see how the work was coming along, he's getting well stuck into it. I have guards!

Can't wait until it's finished! :D

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Very cool man, this is what I aspire to do at some point now that I actually own a welder :p Maybe could have gotten him to makeup some custom hell-fat flared guards? :)

Return to “Member Cars”