wont start any ideas?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

wont start any ideas?

Postby turbocab » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:16 am

hi all
stoped my car at the shops thismorning and when i came back it wouldnt start... it was turning over fine and the fuelpump was pumping good and it was getting a good spark.
when i got the nrma guy out to look at it the battery was nearly flat from me cranking it over so he pluged in his big mofo battery pack and it started up sweet.
i have been having troubles with the battery going flat recently until i changed the computer a few days ago witch seemed to sort out the battery always going flat.and the battery that was replaced not long ago by the manufacturer because it was leaking acid everywhere is leaking again.should have bought an odyssey sealed battery years ago when i had the money.

does any one have any ideas whats going on?

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Hey turbocab, i know you have sorted the prob but the batt leaking acid everywhere is a pain. Just for a check put a multimeter across your batt to see what sort of charge the alternator is putting out just incase its overcharging a little and getting the batt a little hot. Just a check

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:47 am

what sort of charge should i be getting?

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am

Turbocab, you should be looking for between 13.0 to 14 volts under charge too much more than this like if it gets into the 15's it might start getting hot. You might have to just bring the revs up past idle to get the alt to kick in to full charge. Hope this helps

Return to “General”