T2R Bulldog build progress update! <Warning Many Pictures

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
rustyhornet
Forum Regular

Mugen Badges...

Postby rustyhornet » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:56 am

I found some of these badges in the US from a distributor... The only problem was the measurements were to small!
Like only 19mm high by 121mm lenght, I measured this up against the body kit & it's way to small :roll:
I'll see what copies Kazzee & Daisy can make with the resin... Your measurements/scale looks correct :o

MUnity
Forum Regular

Postby MUnity » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Can you give me any advice on getting the rear quarter windows out in one piece?

I also want to seam weld the body but have no idea how you get the seam clean enough to weld.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:54 pm

the rear quart windows are easy removed just slide a wet razor blade around the inside of the window cutting away the sealant then slide a razor along the outside at 90 degrees to the glass easy.these ones are by far the easiest windows to remove,they aint got nothing on a windscreen.
by the way ginger how is your rebuild going? can you send me some more detailed pics of the tub work you did on your rear guards?
matt

kazzee
Forum Participant

Mugen Badges

Postby kazzee » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:44 pm

I sent out the Mugen badges replica to turbocab house today.
Because finish is not too good...:-P

badges for gingernuts are bundled.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 04, 2008 9:49 pm

thanks mate
got them the other day
ile send yours off soon gingernuts.
matt

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

T2R ROLL CAGE IN @ LAST!

Postby rustyhornet » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

G'day to those watching/playing at home!
The build has been slow in progress lately, moving house & changing career will do that :x

I have been faced with a very difficult decision between abandoning/selling up the project, & pressing on with finishing it!

After seeing how rad Matt/turbocab's is shaping up to be well worth the effort, however being robbed of time is my dilemma!

Anyway, here is some pictures of a late afternoons work, enjoy...
:( What to do? Any realistic suggestions!?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone has got all keen again!
awesome to see a bit of progress mate! now for the lecture....FOR F#@KS SAKE KEEP IT AND FINISH IT OFF! if you sell it now you will be lucky to reclaim 30 cents in the dollar for what you have spent not including all the hard work and love you have put in to it and when you are done it will be one of 5 replica t2rs in the entire freaking world that is a very rare and special vehicle in anyone's eyes.
i thought that nobody else would care about my car until i posted a cut and paste of my build thread on jdmstyletuning.com,after i posted looking for wheels and ended up getting numerous requests for a build thread and pics of the car,every time i post an update(few and far between these days) it goes nuts with people wanting more.
i really cant wait to drive my t2r again if funds and time for me to do the work allowed ide just pay for someone to paint it and then i could start the reassembly but ime not able to at the moment and it kills me every-time i see it there sitting in primer looking awesome as hell quietly and patiently awaiting my return because it knows ile be back...
now that we have that cleared up,
i cant wait for more progress richie! :wink:
matt

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Come on everone say it with me

Finish it...Finish it...Finish it...Finish it...Finish it...Finish it...

ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:49 am

^ +1 Dont let all that hard work go to waste.

Just take it one step at a time.

Keep up the awesome work!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am

You'll always regret it if you sell it man, just put the hard yards in and finish it (hilarious coming from me, I realize).

theplumber

Postby theplumber » Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 am

HOLY HELL I want one!!! I've been in talks with a guy who has a T2 in Arizona (USA) and was hoping to bring it up to Canada. The whole time I've also been looking around for any possibilities of making a T2R and here it is. Are there any kits still available??? Any clue what it would cost to ship it to Toronto Ontario Canada?.....Oh yeah! FINISH IT FINISH IT!!! Looks AWESOME!!!!!! lol.

theplumber

Postby theplumber » Sun May 09, 2010 9:18 am

here's a pic of my inspiration for the last while...

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 09, 2010 8:30 pm

search the forum and you shall find,the kit is available if you have the coin!
good luck getting a hold of that t2!

theplumber

Postby theplumber » Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks Turbocab. i did check out ginger's thread and he forwarded a link to this one. so i just posted on that thread too. you two seem to know each other well enough any idea if he's still involved with this? other than his own project which he seems to be continuing.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 pm

basically i bought the last copy of the kit ever from japan for a lot of money(wayyyy more than my car was purchased for) and ginger borrowed it and cast moulds for his kit so he has the capability (but not the time or financial backing) to build new copys of the kit.
hope that clears a few things up for ya!
ps check my build thread
matt

Return to “General”