REBUILT OF HONDA CITY TURBO 1

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
sanmartin
Forum Participant

REBUILT OF HONDA CITY TURBO 1

Postby sanmartin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello, I`m from Bulgaria, I`m prowd owner of Honda City T1 since 1 month, and i will try to rebuild the NINja for few weeks....I will upload pics later...Regards.

ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:25 pm

I wish I had a T1/2 =( haha

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am

Let me know if you need any parts i know where there is 2 parts cars right now both T1 and fairly complete, i will be going to get some parts from them at some stage in the next 2 weeks.

dope

Postby dope » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:22 am

hello guys, i'm a friend of sanmartin. He hasn't time to spend here and he need little help with the english from someone near him, but like him i'm not perfect too...

The car he has was imported here in Varna, Bulgaria since 1984 from a sailor. Sanmartin is the second owner. When he bought it, it was in very poor and rusty condition. Now, some weeks later the car is almost ready to drive, but need some few things and new winter tires. The T1 is black, absolute stock and i'm trying to keep sanmartin away from his ricer toughts like making a new brakelights with SMD LED and make them look like the latest Mitsubishi Outlander...

Well, almost everything works now, but he has problem with the speedometer. The car visited two car mechanics. The first one did someting wrong and the engine get worse. But the second one is very good guy and he helped A LOT. Now thanks to him the little ninsa is alive again. BUT there is still a problem with the speedometer. He doesn't account the speed. It's aways on 0!

New paintjob coming soon...

Last edited by dope on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:26 am

Few things Id check is if the speedo cable is pluged in to the gearbox and or the dash.

If that is plugged in on both side and the speedo still doesnt work I would remove the dash and check to see if there is anything burnt out in it. If it looks good then id leave it still out with just the wires hooked up then take it for a short drive to see if the inside of the cable is moving. If thats moving then the problem must lie with the dash.

dope

Postby dope » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 am

how the cable looks and could you show me a picture of the cable attached to the gearbox ?

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:45 am

Sorry dont have any pic of it but its pritty hard to miss. Its not a little cable.
Basically it will look like this.

But will have white plug behind dash and can be a pain to plug in. Can only just do it with my hands and they are bit smaller then avarage. Cant say what gearbox side looks like havnt looked on mine but it should just be going into the top of the gearbox around where the diff is if its anything like all the other cable speedo hondas iv worked on.

dope

Postby dope » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:50 am

Well, sanmartin bought aluminium 13' wheels and a lot of people think the wheels are weird, but as my friend i like them. Weird car, weird wheels...

So, the nest job is waiting. Sanmartin is affraid to turn on the boost controler and becouse he is an alien, he need explanation how it works... He doesn't want to turn the boost controller on, becouse he is affraid it might not turn off again and the fuel economy will go down... Like I said, he is like an alien with the cars, doesn't know and understand anything, but he have T1 and i must help him...

Edit: Well, sanmartin has some more questions. Does the T1 have two fuel filters? Where are they placed? Is there a catalog number for the air filter? We have trouble to find one, so it will be easier with a catalog number for it. Can someone give a picture of the switch keys under the passenger seat? Can someone give us a catalog number for the linings? Has anybody of you removed the cathalitic convertor and how he solve the problem with the probe in it?

Happy new year

sanmartin
Forum Participant

Postby sanmartin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:26 am

Please Help :cry:

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 am

With the cathalitic convertor wire if you remove it just earth it and that will get rid of the light.

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am

Cool wheels... make sure the tyres are right size to calibrate your speedometer.
So speed reads ok for politzei ( :
When the rust is repaired tell sammartin to gets some fish oil. paint it all over car espc on the firewall and underneath.
preserves the metal.
like the vertical takeoff numberplate lights .

Will the local comorra steal it?do you think?

wait till you have ride it it..no longer weird then( :

dope wrote:Well, sanmartin bought aluminium 13' wheels and a lot of people think the wheels are weird, but as my friend i like them. Weird car, weird wheels...

So, the nest job is waiting. Sanmartin is affraid to turn on the boost controler and becouse he is an alien, he need explanation how it works... He doesn't want to turn the boost controller on, becouse he is affraid it might not turn off again and the fuel economy will go down... Like I said, he is like an alien with the cars, doesn't know and understand anything, but he have T1 and i must help him...

Edit: Well, sanmartin has some more questions. Does the T1 have two fuel filters? Where are they placed? Is there a catalog number for the air filter? We have trouble to find one, so it will be easier with a catalog number for it. Can someone give a picture of the switch keys under the passenger seat? Can someone give us a catalog number for the linings? Has anybody of you removed the cathalitic convertor and how he solve the problem with the probe in it?

Happy new year

dope

Postby dope » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks for your answer. The tires are calibrate for the speedometer. About the local comorra - maybe not. Here in Bulgaria very few people have any idea about T1 or T2. The numbers of T1 and T2 is probably less than 10...

It's the first time to hear somebody to tell us about the fish oil.

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:37 am

Happy new year
[/quote]
Fuel Filter:

As you face the engine with hood up, the fuel filter is to the right of the aircleaner, underneath it. It is factory black, circular, 5cm d? There may some sort of filter in the petrol tank where the pipe comes out?
A fuel pump is found in front of the LHS rear wheel on the body underneath.

dope

Postby dope » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks a lot!

Last night sanmartin modifies the dashboard

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 pm

quote:
Last night sanmartin modifies the dashboard

Minimalism... I like it; but that is the rev counter only?

Dont you want to know how fast you are going?

Return to “General”