Beast260

Post pictures and details of your Honda City
Beast260
Forum Regular

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey guys and gals. when i bought my Honda City Turbo II... well i got a Free Honda City Pro T

i got it back home and i had thought about just scrapping it as its rusted out and the interior is rooted.
That was untill i heard about a new track day series called the Nugget Nationals where u cant spend more then 3k on the initial purchase of the car and the engine must be 1.5L or less... no turbo's, no rotaries or motor bike engine swaps allowed.

only thing is the body on this one was rotted out...

So just down the road is my local wreckers and i happen to find This

Cost me $200 and all its missing mechanically are the drive shafts, carby and Alternator which the white car has all of that.

So may the Nugda City Pro T Track fun Begin :D

Started by taking the carby off

before fitting the carby i got to block off a couple vacuum holes.

oh and here is a Mazda 121 Spacer saver on the front just to get it rolling from the wreckers LOL

I took the drivers front guard off the white 1 as the new one didnt have one and well.... the side skirt was pop riveted to it....

funny thing is it was only pop riveted at the other end and nothing holding it in the middle.. Made it easier then i thought to take it off.

Got word of another city in a wreckers near me to a went and raided it for some goodies :)

Got a nice set of head lights

also got a hood latch and some good as new indicator lenses which are rare as hell.
Also finnished bolting up the carb. plugged up and got rid of the pollution crap.

Also remounted the rear bumper and re attached the tail gate latch so it will stay closed.

Also got a couple parts in. not sure if they meet the regs for the nugget nats yet but if this car cant meet the regs then ill just chuck them on anyway.

got a set of CBR 900 Carbs for the low low price of $69 + postage

and also picked up 16 Formula Ford racing slicks for $400. so now just got to find wheels to fit them on..

today i figured id start swapping the front struts from the white car to the blue one as they already had the drive shafts connected and u just have to undo 2 more bolts to take the whole lot out of the car then having to take just the drive shaft out.

Old strut from the blue one

drive shaft in and almost bolted up.

at this stage i found the tie rod end is pretty bad and the ones on the white city are rooted as well. so tomorrow, ill head to my mate at pedders and get him to order some more in.

The Nugda City now has front suspension, new tie rod ends, drive shafts and new brake pads so ill be chucking some wheels on it tomorrow and then if i have time, i will continue to get it up and running

Beast260
Forum Regular

Re: Beast's Nugget Nationals racer.

Postby Beast260 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 pm

I got the nugda city almost running today... thats when i found out the fuel pump had been taken off while at the wrecking yard i bought it from.

Engines all ready to fire.

Bolted on the alternator from the white one.

After a few times trying to get the thing to start. i found it wasnt getting any fuel, so jacked it up to check out the pump.... and found it didnt have one.

quickly look through all my spares as i knew i had an old pump laying around but seems as though the stock pump was only 6 volts where as this ones 12 and it doesnt work from the stock wires.

anyway i had planned on putting the pump and ignition on toggle switches anyway so tomorrow ill head to auto barn and get what i need to make it happen.

as it was i had to pinch the ignition barrel from the white one as the blue car didnt come with keys so couldnt start it.

Oh and i got a pod filter for the nugda ;)

Aint it cute :P lol

Beast260
Forum Regular

Postby Beast260 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:22 pm

A nugget comes to life :D

http://youtu.be/sHyz49e9Epw

i got to bleed the brakes and give it a tune up as im sure the timings out. plus got to change leads and plugs and i am sure the carby has a vac leak some where.

But it runs and moves which is a great start :D

Beast260
Forum Regular

Re: Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Finally got round to changing the control arm on the front today and also bolted on the back wheels. Looks pretty good.

The tires need to be wider though. 155/55/14's are to narrow.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 am

Very very awesome!

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:46 pm

I think i just jizzed in my pants, those rims are awesome! :shock:

Beast260
Forum Regular

Postby Beast260 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 am

well i have been working on the Turbo II as of late. i made the mistake of buying a new exhaust for it as it was needed for the road worthy and now i got to take the turbo off to have the waste gate ported.... but also found a lil to much play in the guts of it so i am either going to have it rebuilt or find something suitable.

anyway here are some pics i have taken of it recently with my new camera.

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello there, very nice topic and enough city spare material I see.

Antraxxx informed me about you're old wheels...
I'm looking for these.

Are you willing to sell these?

Beast260
Forum Regular

Postby Beast260 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 pm

rafke wrote:Hello there, very nice topic and enough city spare material I see.

Antraxxx informed me about you're old wheels...
I'm looking for these.

Are you willing to sell these?

sad to say man but i sold these already.

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Ohh damn,

If you would find another set, please keep me in mind :)

blitza
Forum Regular

Postby blitza » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:54 am

Hey, nice work. Those this do look a bit funny, but quite jealous of the wheels.
Do you have a clock and it's surround you'd sell?

Return to “Member Cars”