[Need Help] Best BOV Vacuum source.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Logan nzl
Forum Participant

[Need Help] Best BOV Vacuum source.

Postby Logan nzl » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I've just installed an intercooler and bov on my T1 and it all seems to be working fine apart from the fact the BOV won't vent.

I've opened it up and cut down the spring so its as soft as it can be without being open at idle. A friend has said the problem is there's not enough vacuum to help pull the piston open and has suggested drilling into the intake manifold and running it straight to there rather than teeing off a current vacuum line.

Does anyone have suggestions for the strongest vacuum source??

Thanks!
-Logan.

Logan nzl
Forum Participant

Re: [Need Help] Best BOV Vacuum source.

Postby Logan nzl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:25 pm

bump still need help

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: [Need Help] Best BOV Vacuum source.

Postby KingCity » Fri May 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Chances are you haven't Teed into the correct line, you are most likely on a boost only line. Make sure your line is one that leads to the under side of the throttle bodies, i have never had an issue with the City engine not being able to pull the BOV open, there could also be a problem with the BOV, piston maybe grabbing (common on cheap valves) or even split diaphragm if it uses one but you won't make much boost if you have a split in the diaphragm. Also your friend is right though as it is good practice to find or make a new line for mods like blow off valves that require vacuum lines.

Return to “General”