Honda EPC (electronic parts catalog)

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Honda EPC (electronic parts catalog)

Postby James » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 pm

Hello Peoples,

Someone on NZhondas pointed out that you can download the Honda EPC's from this website so I decided to have a go.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/EPC/

I downloaded the JDM one because I knew this would be the only one that went back old enough to be of use to me.

After a little difficulty installing it because it is all in gobbeldegook (should be in japanese but something has been lost somewhere so its in random characters, very annoying!) I have managed to make enough sense of it and partially translate a few of the menu's. Lo and behold it has full parts data including exploded pic's for all cities, including turbo's. It also has prices in yen but I believe those are quite dated now.

If some of you want to try I will give you a hand to work out how it works, and can send you my modified EXE with a couple of translated menu's.

vanyas

Postby vanyas » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Can you send me a hand to work out how it works, and modified EXE with a couple of translated menu's to [email protected]

Thanks

Dylanamus

Postby Dylanamus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Hey man. I can't get the program to open like you did. I found the install file and it installs some stuff somewhere, but then it comes up with a menu with three selections (in jibberish) and I can't get beyond there!

What do I do to get the ball rolling? I've got the Euro version of the EPC to compare with once I get into the program, but it's getting it open that's the hard part apparently.

Thanks in advance!

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Cheers for the bump, I had forgotten about this. I cant remember what I did to make it go, it was a while ago now. I will have another go at installing it in the next couple of days to try and duplicate my results.

Dylanamus

Postby Dylanamus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks, that'd be much appreciated.

lithiumus

Postby lithiumus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 am

Me as well. I have been looking high and low for some specific JDM part info. I believe I had this working at one point but too have forgotten how to get it working again.

I installed the software and ran the hmepcsu.exe program and get 3 menus. The middle one allows you to choose your CD ROM drive... I can get the main program to open but it's empty. I try to select a vehicle, then chassis code but then the next screen requires you to input info in at least 7 boxes and I have no idea what info it wants. You can't go forward unless that's filled out.

For some reason I remember getting it to work such that it was easy to select the vehicle you want but that was at least a year ago... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

James

Postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 am

You are on to it lithiumus, click on the menu, then choose T I think it is (the middle one?), which lets you pick the body style, either civic 3 door or 4 door or integra etc. Then you get to pick the chassis code, then you have to put in a chassis number. I just make them up and try a few. I usually start with 1000000 and if that doesnt work then 1100000 then 1200000 etc, changing the 2nd number seems to give you different trims and things. To get turbo-2's you have to go 1500001 at least. I might try installing it on my laptop so I can document the process.

lithiumus

Postby lithiumus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks again. I got it to work!

When you choose a Body, then choose a Chassis type, then you get a menu with 5 fields. The only field you need to enter is the first one.

You just have to keep trying various numbers until it works. The number that worked for me was 1001375. The 375 was just random, I think it will work with 1001001 or some variation...

Thanks again. I'll help contribute to your documentation...

----------
Install

1. The CD will autorun a menu. Just cancel out of that menu.
2. Go to the install folder on the CD and execute the install
3. It will ask you for an install directory by default it's C:EPC which is fine.
4. After the install you need to go into the EPC directory and run HMEPCSU.EXE
5. Select the S option and click on the CDROM drive letter you are using
6. Then select the U option and click OK until you have to cancel.
7. Then exit this menu and the HMEPC.EXE should start up.

---------
Running Program

1. There are 5 drop down menus at the top, select (F) or (S) and click on the first option.
2. Then select the (T) radio button and click OK
3. You will then see a full list of all the Body Types, select one and click OK
4. Then you will see a list of all the Chassis Types for that Body, select one and click OK.
5. You will then be presented with a menu with 5 fields. Only the first one matters.
6. This is the Chassis code, they usually start with 1 but you will have to experiment to see what works... after you get a good chassis code to work, the rest is a cakewalk.

Hope this helps. Bigelboe, please feel free to edit or add to my instructions or anyone who has corrections or chassis codes to try...

Return to “General”