WANTED: CITY TUBRO

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
KOZ23
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

WANTED: CITY TUBRO

Postby KOZ23 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 am

Hi All.

As tile says, I am on the hunt for a city turbo, would prefer a t2 but would be happy with a t1. Would also prefer something complete and running, but again, would be happy with a project as well. I am located in Brisbane, Australia, but am willing to travel interstate for something complete. I do understand that my chances finding one are become slim to none but wanted to put it out there in case anyone would consider selling up. I have dreamed of owning one of these for quite a long time now but circumstances didn’t allow it, that has changed. If you have one, a friend has one, grandma has one, anyone, please contact me anytime day or night. Thank You! Daniel - 0416202427

Eb3_Turbo

Re: WANTED: CITY TUBRO

Postby Eb3_Turbo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Hey mate,

I Dunno how much of these cars are left they are getting scarce.... or if this info will be any use to you, but in New Zealand u should be able to find one reasonably easy at the moment.... shipping could be expensive though....

I brought a t1 for 2k last month, there’s another t1 also a bulldog on trademe at the moment... think the t1 was 1.8k and bulldog is 4k

Hope this helps!

KOZ23

Re: WANTED: CITY TUBRO

Postby KOZ23 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately cost of the process from NZ to Australia is a little tricky and pretty pricey. When I was looking at importing one a few years ago it was going to cost me over 5K, I can only image that with the level of inflation in this country that it would have gone up. Edit* For anyone out there looking at doing this from the information I have gathered recently this is the process.

1. Buy the car
2. Have the car put in a holding yard for a year. (Australia requires the new owner of the vehicle to have it for a year before the car gets imported). Cost approx $250/month to store.
3. Import the car via shipping. Cost approx $3000 - $4000 depending on insurance.
4. Once the car has arrived GST has to be paid + all other cost like road worthy certificate, rego, insurance.

If you know someone in NZ that would be willing to hold the car for a year on your behalf that would save you the holding cost. As you can see to import a city turbo that is worth around 5K, can easily end up costing you over 10K

So with all that hassle and waiting I’d rather try and find something in Australia. So anyone out there wanting to sell, I’ll be waiting on your call.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”