Honda City Headlights?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
GDTYMZ

Honda City Headlights?

Postby GDTYMZ » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:55 pm

Just wondering,

the City Headlight bulbs, what type they are?

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: Honda City Headlights?

Postby turbocab » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 pm

just wondering
do you have a bloody city yet >:(

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:56 pm

[quote author=turbocab link=board=GEN;num=1106560516;start=0#1 date=01/24/05 at 21:50:49]just wondering
do you have a bloody city yet >:([/quote]

Lol, good question, the awnser is no, but he hopes very soon :P

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:38 pm

since theres allready a thread on this subject.......
this is probly bad karma for wrighting off gdtymz the other day but my right hand side headlight has died >:(
by the looks of it its a sealed unit so no actual bulbs to speak of
are the headlight units commonly avalible at auto shops and the like??
or will i have to find a city one?
cheers matty

Henry

Postby Henry » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:14 pm

The globes are replaceable, buy them anywhere>

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:23 am

[quote author=HyperBlade link=board=GEN;num=1106560516;start=0#2 date=01/25/05 at 14:56:11]

Lol, good question, the awnser is no, but he hopes very soon :P[/quote]

Mines for sale.  ;)

But yeah, I was gonna try and replace my bulbs before but its a sealed unit like turbocab said..

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:00 pm

how do you get em out then henry ??? mabey we have different lights because i swear the bulb bit is like solderded in place on my ones??

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:35 pm

just to prove to myself ime not tripping i just pulled the light out again ::)and it is sooooooooo sealed up at both ends, that bulby bit aint going nowhere?
so can i get the whole unit from ripco,supercrap auto or autobarn or sumtin any one know??
or am i off to newcastle to see city cabrolet again ::)

Jacko

Postby Jacko » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:35 pm

You should be able to get them from places like you said. Its not an uncommon shape (ie, not like a skyline headlight.. its just round).

So you might find one meant for a different application?

Oh and my city is still for sale  :D

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Not a flame, but why does everyone post silly questions like this here? If i needed a headlight i would take the as much as i could get off (in this case the sealed unit) to repco and say "I need a new bulb" and they they go, "here is a new sealed unit for your car, that will be $30" ::)  is it that hard?

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:51 pm

not all places like that are as helpfull as you think.  I've tried going in and asking for parts and if they don't have it or it's not in their system, regardless if it's the same as the most common part int the world, they'll be unable to help.  Also in some cases removing the part prevents the trip into the auto store.  

Andy

P.S can someone help me with my temp sensor :-)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:26 pm

I should imagine that any temp sensor off any old Honda will be the same. Civic Accord Prelude City, they all measure the same thing and i should imagine it is a generic part. Grab one from a wreckers.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm

colza as ime currently working from seven til five at a building site only accesable by boat ide have to send my mum to pick one up for me on her lunch brake as she works near an auto barn store(witch ime sure she would have a ton of fun doing for me) so a part number or brand of suitable replacement or more common car with same lights would come in very handy to send along with her on her mission >:(
so i thaught ide ask you intelligent fellows for advice first but in that case ile shut the f#$@ up in future soooooooooory :-*
often when i do ask a "silly" question someone will reply with something helpfull to guide me

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:21 pm

QUE?? sealed unit ---since when ? sure your'e driving a T2
as "H" says available wholesale just about anywhwere.can even get those extra flashy blue thingys now as well totally trick they are .

Henry

Postby Henry » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:34 pm

I have a T11 with flat glass lights, a Pro T which have the same size light but with a curved glass, and an 88 Civic which has rectangular lights, they all have removeable globes and all use the same globe. On the back of the light is a plug with 3 pins, after that is a rubber boot (pulls off easily) then there is a spring wire clip that un-hooks and swings away, and the globe comes out. Globe is a H4-P43t  12V 60/55w Halogen. You may find it easier to remove the 3 screws that hold the headlight surround (black thing) then remove the complete light. The light is held in by 3 adjusting screws which have their heads through key-hole shaped openings, just press in on the light and rotate it until they release then you should be able to move it foreward enough to un-plug the wires. Don't undo these screws or you will need to re-align your headlights.  If it is the right hand light, this is probably easier than trying to change the globe with the light in place.  Have fun.  Henry. Adelaide

Return to “General”