Window Washers

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
bowlink1
Donating Member

Window Washers

Postby bowlink1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 am

Hi all!

I need some help with fixing a problem on my t1 so i can get the warrant. The window washers wont spray and i dont know why. It is both the rear and front sprayers which dont work (no whirring or anything) so im pretty sure it is an electrical problem. I'v take the guard off to get at the thing but cant see anything wrong. The fuses are also all fine. On the wiring diagrams its all connected so everything else in the car is working fine.

So yeah, I'm running out of ideas here! We have a few donor cars so i might see if i can switch the whole unit over but any advice or ideas would be much appreciated

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:34 am

Put a multi-meter/test light on the pumps wires then get some one to try squirt them.

If there is power then its just the pumps that stuffed.

If theres no power then next pull the button/stalk off and test they have power up there.

If there is no power there ether then there must be a break in the wire some where.

bowlink1
Donating Member

Postby bowlink1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am

Cheers bmgjet. The thing is if its a break at the stalk and everything else was fine, there would be a break also in the rear window sprayer button. I will definitely check but i find it hard to believe both have broken at the same time

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Is there only 1 fuse for both or seperate. Did you replace with new ones. I have come across fuses of all types that look fine but have a break where you can't see it.

If the fuses are OK I would suspect a break in supply to it/them. Check the fuse contacts with a circuit tester to make sure they have supply.

bowlink1
Donating Member

Postby bowlink1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am

They share the same fuse and i did try putting some new ones in which didnt help.

There was electricity going to both motors so i swapped them with some spares and now working fine, although there is some gunk clogging the lines now.

Cheers

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:51 am

If there's gunk in the hoses then that's most likely what's stopped the pumps. Doesn't take much. I always use demineralised water in the washer bottle (laundry isle in supermarket). Tap water is full of lime and other contaminants. Bit like cholesterol.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

it may be nesc to blow your lines out with compressed air, and also your nozzles on the bonnet

Grunza

Postby Grunza » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm

I have just failed a warrant on the same thing so I pulled the washer bottle out and checked the pumps. Bother pumps were buggered and tank was full of crud so went to the scrap yard and took the washer bottle from an old holden haha. Checked the pump and mounted it into the city. Got some new lines and nozzles works perfectly. I would first suggest jamming switch on while checking voltage at pump plugs and then secondly just checking your pumps straight off the battery.

Return to “General”