A Quick Hello

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
DSMAZDAGTR

A Quick Hello

Postby DSMAZDAGTR » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:07 am

Well,  Iwas just browsing the web today, and for some reason or other, decided to have a bit of a look to see what I could find on Google about Honda Civic "City Turbo", and your site came up...

Now, why on earth would someone search for that you might be wondering. Well, I've had a bit of a hole in my life for a while now ever since I sold my first car, that was a Honda Civic, which had had a city turbo engine emblazoned into it's little heart.

Of course, it is probably hte most dodgy conversion you guys have ever seen, but it had the city turbo 5 speed (which at the time I'd heard was a bonus), a 3 point racing harness, sun roof, and the totally mad body kit. Well.. I was only 17 afterall.. And I only paid the total of $1100 (If I remember correctly) for this little gem, which I proceeded to remove the paint from, and paint in Primer Grey... I always had big plans, but I never had enough money..

The engine was firmly held in place, and had no exhaust (just cat off turbo), and the Efi was nowhere to be seen. In it's place was the dodgiest single SU carby draw through setup you've probably ever seen... So no intercooler, or bov or extra boots. But, it was great fun, and I do miss it.

After 12 months of ownership, I had to part ways, as I was moving to Qld, and to transfer rego would've meant a full vehicle inspection, which it would never have passed, so I sold it for the pricey sum of $800... I'd still love to have another one, cause even though I came oh so close to killing myself in it so many times, it was oh so much fun.

As much as I love my current car (Mazda Familia GT-R), I still have a hole in my heart for my little RMD-811.

Oh... Here is a little info on the car, and a few pics...

http://www.geocities.com/dombo69au/cars.html

Hope you all enjoyed my little story. And maybe someone out there might know what happened to my little beast..

Later,

D

Return to “General”