gassed

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

gassed

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:08 pm

briliant site guys has helped me a lot so far.I have recently perchased a city cabrolet with a t2 motor(will post pic,s soon)she runs a treat but i believe the gap above the back window is allowing exhaust to enter the cabin. has anyone else experienced this? the roof aint the best any way, considering having it re covered as my mum has offered to pay half

maniaman
Forum Participant

Re: gassed

Postby maniaman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:04 pm

Ditto ditto >:( any ideas on fixing would be good

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:24 pm

I would suggest a flixible silicon based sealant as a temporary fix but taking to a professional may prove fruitfull as they may be able to fix it without replacing the whole soft top.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 pm

i have been to a few retrimmers and all say the material around the back window is toooooo far gone to sew new zippers into. think about how sweet mine will look with a brand new unfaded top bling bling. my cousins boyfreind works for a honda dealer so ile get trade price from the retrimmer ;D

maniaman
Forum Participant

Postby maniaman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:16 pm

wouldja get more of a discount if you got 2......? :) my top has shrunk really badly and drips on my leg when i'm driving, kinda like chinese water torture...not to mention the rotting seats and carpet..have gone to a couple of trimmers down in Tas.."gotta get em from the US, no point makin it here, starts around $2000" :(

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:27 am

my car goes on friday with my cousins boyfreind to get guote,s.if they are under 2000 ile have it done ;D i got a quote my self from one bloke at 2900 ouch!. whats all this about gettin em from the us?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:01 pm

sydney is a long way to come from tazzie just to fix your roof. i suggest you get a car cover mutch cheaper

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:05 pm

Holy Sh*t!

I'm sitting on a gold mine then!!! ie 1 good condition soft-top ;D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:08 pm

could end up earnin u some serious coin ;D

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:17 pm

I think a good condition 20 yr old one is gonna be worth a little less thana brand new remade one tho...

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:54 pm

Yes, a new one is worth more...

BUT!

A new one will never look as neat as a factory one. Trust me, when someone slashed one of my previous soft-tops, i rang everyone in the country and the material on our Cab's is irraplaceable. ie your reconditioned soft-top is not as good/durable as the original.

Yeah, it's not new, but it's in great condition for a 20yr old ORIGINAL soft-top. When i was selling my Cabriolet every potential buyer wanted a smick soft-top. You cannot sell a City Cabriolet with a dodgy soft-top because they know it will cost thousands to replace it, and you get nothing (except rain free interior and right leg) out of it, ie your car is worth at least a thousand less...

Therefore... i always kept a good condition one for backup so i could drive around in my shitty one and when sold could throw the good one on...turns out i decided soft-top was not practical (wish i found that out 5yrs earlier!!!) so now i'm left with a great T2 and a shit load of cabriolet spare parts :)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:21 am

silly me i had no idea how mutch a new roof would cost when i bought my little beast i had never even seen a city cabrolet let alone a turbo one. and yes the material wont be the same stuff as original it will be cloth witch the retrimmers claim to be more durable and fade resistant

Return to “General”