Whos raced?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Marky

Re: Whos raced?

Postby Marky » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:37 am

I'm with ya on that.. In my books, anything higher than a 16 just isn't worth bothering with, for ANY car. I'm gunning for a high 14 in my wee sucker next time I get a chance, the old "stopwatch over 400m" is agreeing so far. 18psi is helpful  :P

You see so much talk of these cars beating VR4's, GT starlets, whatever on here, till I see the times to back it up I'll stick with the "nanas car" vision I've got of it.   ;)

evileb2
Forum Participant

Postby evileb2 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:20 pm

well for my defence 17.3 was from an N/A 1200cc engine so isnt all that bad.
but for the boosted engines im a bit surprised as there are some turbo civics running 13 and 14 sec passes.
and 14 sec's is what i'd be aiming for if i chose to go with one of these little grunters

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:37 pm

As i said, i nearly didnt race at all because the car was running so poorly. I only went to watch and get in some practice runs. i didnt enter the actual competition, although a mate of mine did have a run in my car and ran a high 19!!!! Thats how difficult it was to drive.

The civic Mk II is nearly complete however! The plan was for New Years but i dont think ill quite make it. Shortly after though....

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:44 pm

[quote author=Marky link=board=GEN;num=1101340626;start=45#45 date=12/21/04 at 11:37:58]I'm with ya on that.. In my books, anything higher than a 16 just isn't worth bothering with, for ANY car. I'm gunning for a high 14 in my wee sucker next time I get a chance, the old "stopwatch over 400m" is agreeing so far. 18psi is helpful  :P

You see so much talk of these cars beating VR4's, GT starlets, whatever on here, till I see the times to back it up I'll stick with the "nanas car" vision I've got of it.   ;)[/quote]

Just wait for Petes (Turbo 3) car to go down the strip,  but then again thats a highly modified nana's car.  :P

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:49 pm

Anyone know how thats coming along? He hasnt posted here in years!!!

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:52 pm

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1101340626;start=45#49 date=12/21/04 at 15:49:12]Anyone know how thats coming along? He hasnt posted here in years!!![/quote]

Last I heard he had made a grass kart, and was moving house, hes still working at Lyttelton though, as I see him driving home most days.

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:09 am

I don't think you need to be genius to realise that Honda City's (be turbo or non) are not going to do great 1/4 mile times. You only have to look at them to realise how un-aero dynamic they are, and besides that, there is only a 1200cc motor to pull it along.

Marky, i think you will find when people speak of beating starlet gt's etc, they are talking about to the top of 2nd gear, maybe a little in 3rd, ie to 100km/h. Anything over that, no matter how much boost and fat heated up tyres you run, you might as well not bother in a city.

Besides all that, these cars are 20+ years old, and the fact that they can even still be compared to Starlet GT's and the like, i think is pretty impressive. So if you wanna go fast down the quarter mile, get a Skyline like every 18 year old, you can really stick out in one of them ;)

And also, i believe a high 14 is very achievable, its just not quite as easy when you have to do all the ground work yourself, and you cant just buy the go fast bits off the shelf at the local autobarn.

My 2 cents!
Cheers guys!

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:17 am

i reckon i could get a 10 sec quarter in a city... and when i finally make it home i'll do it too.. just you wait.. and the t3 is till in motion.. just slowed down a bit thats all.. a money prob i think

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:14 am

what i was trying to say in the previous post is there are guys on here that have done a hell of alot more work than what my green one did.

I mean when i first got the car was running 18psi but then had to turn it down for reliability and when i did the pass it was only on 14psi.

As far as i know, the only one that has gone any faster than 15.2 is that Ugly looking waste of a Carby-Turbo setup in that gen1 civic.

There is not really that much engine work involved to get to 15.2 for gods sake, but i think what the problem is is that people are too worried about how it looks under the bonnet than how it goes. Forget about big front mounts and big wastegates and the rest that you see on every other car, do what makes these little beasts go well.

Bigger is not always better on a smaller car - just remember that.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:47 pm

Est completion date for Mk II civic is the first week of the new year. Alow 4 weeks for breaking in the new engine and sorting out any problems with the wiring and fueling which have both been redone for this car, and also any possible issues with the modified housings im running on the turbo. That means by the second week of Feb i will be eyeing up the next opportunity to take it down the strip. And ill be damned if im gonna run a 17 this time round >:( <- face of pure, angry, determination ;)

Return to “General”