Installed Cooler and BOV

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
chupa
Forum Regular

Installed Cooler and BOV

Postby chupa » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:20 pm

I've had the intercooler and BOV installed on ol' black betty :)

Decided to put the cooler in the wheel arch (no need to cut up the bumper... yet?).  I've also got a new air filter installed and had it repositioned.  Two inch stainless piping throughout.  Custom plenum.  Had to get a softer spring for the BOV.  Trouble getting good vacuum? (Not suprised, I've got the old hunting problem).

BOV sounds fantastic - nice solid splash.

Pull is better.  I'll get a better feel for it when I take it up Mt Cootha tonight (I've just been driving in traffic so far).

Image Image Image

Image Image

Gallery: http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery/view_a ... Name=chupa

If you're interested,  I got it done at Extreme Custom Engineering at Coopers Plains (Brisbane) for $740 (I supplied the bov and cooler).

Fader
Admin

Re: Installed Cooler and BOV

Postby Fader » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:24 pm

Nice work mate!

Thats a keen spot for the intercooler i must say! should get some good air through it though.

Let us know how it goes up cootha!

turbohomp

Postby turbohomp » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:52 pm

More like u had intercools and POS installed in ol' black shitty. lolz! UR car is black and shitty and you should feel bad about yuor shitty car!

chupa
Forum Regular

Postby chupa » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:13 pm

*yawn*

and u smell.... lolz.... whatever...

get a life

turbohomp

Postby turbohomp » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:59 pm

and u gget a n0n-shittey car! LOLOLZ.

U need a real car like a teh best Nissian. It's the best and fastest 1!!!!`

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi TurboHomp!

Just thought I'd let you know I've informed your employer at TAB Online of your misuse of their internet policy and the misuse of our forums.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:15 pm

[quote author=Brendan link=board=GEN;num=1110849620;start=0#5 date=03/15/05 at 16:12:41]Hi TurboHomp!

Just thought I'd let you know I've informed your employer at TAB Online of your misuse of their internet policy and the misuse of our forums.[/quote]

ROFL!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:39 pm

Brendan : 1  
Retard Boy : 0

8)

Thats some nice cooler work there ;D though there are some fairly epic lengths of piping. Very nice setup given the space constraints though!

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:29 am

Oh My god, that's my old beast I like what you've done with my car. was expecting the intercooler would be fitted in front though...?? looks good anyways. I'll have to come round for a spin :-)

Andy

hondacityeta

Postby hondacityeta » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:32 am

Your Honda City reminds me of a Micro Machine... did it come with a remote control? What you need to do is to sell your house and buy a WRX.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:52 am

What you need to do is grow some brains, then maybe you could start primary school and leave all this to the real people.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:32 am

What are the symptoms of your hunting problem? I think we have found solutions to all of them now :)

Hunts when warm but not when first started?

Hunts but it stops if you turn the lights on main beam?

Or just hunts all the time?

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:36 am

[quote author=AnimaLector link=board=GEN;num=1110849620;start=0#10 date=03/16/05 at 07:52:52]What you need to do is grow some brains, then maybe you could start primary school and leave all this to the real people.[/quote]

.....ahaha... i think he misspelled his own name.. yeta=yeti... maybe hondcityeta is dumb for sasquatch...... oggabogga :-*

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:05 am

[quote author=hondacityeta link=board=GEN;num=1110849620;start=0#9 date=03/16/05 at 07:32:44]Your Honda City reminds me of a Micro Machine... did it come with a remote control? What you need to do is to sell your house and buy a WRX.[/quote]

who's been spreading the word about this site around their high school?  We'll go back to the old difficult registration system for a while.

chupa
Forum Regular

Postby chupa » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:09 am

hmm i seem to have brought a few of my 'associates' into the forum.....

retard boy doesn't own a car, but he does have a high speed internet connection, so i guess he has more time to sit in front of his computer and 'surf'.

hondacityeta used to own a WRX, but he sold it.  I don't think he'll be etting any honda citys soon on his brand new scooter.

My apologies for this thread turning into a flame fest.

On a more important topic:

Andy - sure thing, give me a call or a pm.  I didn't really want to make the cooler too obvious, so that ruled out any major cutting.  I'm pretty happy with it at the moment, but if/when I want more air on it, I can pretty easily put a big feed to it from the front (who needs fog lights anyway? :) ).

She goes harder, but the hunting problem is worse now (can't get rid of it by turning fan and lights on).  Still waiting for a price on a new idle control valve from Japan.  I'll look at the BOV on the weekend, and see if I'm losing vacuum there ???.  Any ideas?

Return to “General”