mini with city turbo motor fitted...

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
miniturbo
Forum Participant

mini with city turbo motor fitted...

Postby miniturbo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi guys
I have just fitted a city turbo engine into my mini and im needing a copy of a wiring diagram ,ive seen the one on this web site but its in japanesse and there is no key or colour codes (mybe in japanesse:( )
ive used a city loom and removed what wasnt needed but now need to join this into the origanl loom.
Getting closer to getting this running....cant wait its been two years in the making including the body work...

Thanks
Heres a pic , sorry dont know how to host it on message board  :-[

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4080/picture1364qy.jpg

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: mini with city turbo motor fitted...

Postby James » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:21 am

First, what a wicked project, and it looks like you have made a really nice job of it aswell.

Bad news about the wiring diagram, at present there isn't a translated version. My car currently has an engine only loom in it which to make we translated the diagram on the fly. If you would like I can do some of the translating and sort out a colour legend in english for you, just because that is such a mean project :P.

By the looks of it there is room to either chuck a front mounted air-air intercooler or a water to air intecooler over the gearbox, I would highly recommend this modification as it provides huge power gains for not much outlay or work.

Also what sort of exhaust have you put on it?
If you have a decent exhaust and manage to squeeze an intercooler in there you should be looking at around 130-140 HP with 15psi of boost, im sure that would make your mini get up and boogie pretty hard.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:36 am

Can't help you :)

But nice project!, Good luck

cheers
Hyper

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:28 pm

Looks awesome mate keep us updated on the progress!

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:10 pm

Awesome stuff, good to see you used a round nose mini!

Where abouts are you located? would love to check it out when its done. Should go really well too! Keep it up!

miniturbo
Forum Participant

Postby miniturbo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:09 pm

Thanks guys ,its taking me awhile as 90% was done by myself in spare time.The whole conversion was/is quite straight foward with using most of the city parts ,shifter,brakes etc etc.
Ill create a webpage latter on with what and how it was done for those interested.
With the wiring loom ive used the loom on the motor and have striped the dash loom down to what was needed so basicly ive got the complete loom from the dash foward , so really the things i need to know is the likes of fuel pump , fuel sender and also the ignition coil.
I havnt got the exhaust made yet but was thinking 2 1/2" straight through with one muffler on the rear , i dont want a huge looking thing as i want to keep it standardish loooking.
havnt really thought to much about the intercooler , do these actually create more hp? how much? as it will be quite a small cooler if i can get one in there.

Thanks

miniturbo
Forum Participant

Postby miniturbo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:13 pm

[quote author=Fader link=board=GEN;num=1136620273;start=0#4 date=01/08/06 at 18:10:55]Awesome stuff, good to see you used a round nose mini!

Where abouts are you located? would love to check it out when its done. Should go really well too! Keep it up!

[/quote]
Thanks Fader , yeah round nose look heaps better IMO ,although a VTEC clubman van whould be cool!
Id invite you over for a look but im in NZ so abit of a swim for you ;)

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:49 pm

Where abouts in NZ are you mini? I am in New Plmymouth atm but usually in palmie.

As for the intercooler, yes it does make more HP and quite signifcantly so, I ran my car without for a while then put a decent front mount on and the difference was huge. Like 11 psi standard boost makes like 100hp, with a shitty standard city cooler like anoth 10-15, witha  decent front mount probably another 20hp, and it allows you to push the boost up higher more safely cause cool air is less prone to detonate. as for the position you could go for one mounted horizontally over the gear box with a bonnet scoop forcing air down onto it, you could also go with a water to air cooler, they are pretty small and wouldnt take up much more room than the hose going from the turbo to the inlet you've got at the moment.

I am about half way through translating the diagram  just tonight, should be done tomorrow or tuesday night.

Just out of interest where have you mounted the computer? and what did you do for axles, a mini-city hybrid?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:32 pm

i noticed a definate power gain with my cooler,and its not exactly huge.

city_mad
Forum Regular

Postby city_mad » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:45 am

thats looking mint as.i'v herd that minis with city turbo motars go fu*king nuts cant wait to see it going good luck m8

miniturbo
Forum Participant

Postby miniturbo » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:25 pm

[quote author=bigelboe link=board=GEN;num=1136620273;start=0#7 date=01/08/06 at 20:49:44]Where abouts in NZ are you mini? I am in New Plmymouth atm but usually in palmie.

Just out of interest where have you mounted the computer? and what did you do for axles, a mini-city hybrid?

Hi Bigelboe
Im in ChCh ,Im mounting the ECU under the LH seat as there is not much room behind the dash , im going to also mount the city speedo cluster aswell which will make things abit easier.
Axles are one of the last things on the list after exhaust , they will have to be custom made in ChCh using the mini shaft and getting the honda spline machined on the inners.

James

Postby James » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Sweet as, hope your mini outers can handle the huge power of the mighty honda city turbo  :P

EDIT: Nearly finished translating, just some of the symbols and words that are being a prick, will put up what I have got tomorrow night even if it isn't quite finished

Return to “General”