FCD-Boost controller-Extra Injector Controller

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:59 am

Hey .Is the boost controller/fcd available yet? :D

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:55 pm

hey mate im keen as for a set up would this go in the dash or where the passengers feet are?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:10 pm

It will be able to go wherever you want, its gonna be a box about the size of a pack of ciggies with half a dozen wires going to it.

Speaking of which this project may actually get somewhere shortly, as soon as I have a couple of assignments out of the way I am going to get straight onto programming my proto fuel controller, I dont have the greenback to fork out for dyno tuning at the moment so its gonna be low boost testing for a while until I can get a wideband o2 sensor in the tailpipe and a rolling road under my cars feet.

I also have a new design for a very affordable targeted boost controller, this means you will be able to input a boost value, via an in-cabin dial and the controller will do its best to keep you to this value, pretty much what the 500-1000 electronic boost controllers do but for less than a tenth the price :)

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:17 am

haha mate u have it all sorted although u lose me with some of the to technical info haha but i get the main idea of what u are doing and it sounds good:) anything that alows u to run high boost without doing damage is good tho haha

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:27 pm

so have you got the fcd/boost controller up and running now?

James

Postby James » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:49 pm

Yar the FCD and boost control bit is going in prototype form, I have a new improved design for te boost controller that should make it a real rip-snorter, I also have a new and improved design for the FCD making it the fuel cut shifter, make raising boost much safer.

I have started work last week on the main fuel controller, so far I have the microcontroller sensing what rpm your are doing and reading the boost level so its well on its way.

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:09 pm

Ok ,sounds sweet.Well ill put my order in now then ,putting the manifold an that back on 2moro ,chucked it on the milling machineso the face is nice an flat now.just wanting it all together and set up asap as it hasnt been on the road for a year

HB
Forum Regular

Postby HB » Tue May 16, 2006 12:31 am

hi bigelboe, any updates?

James

Postby James » Tue May 16, 2006 9:00 am

Yup I am getting very close to a working prototype. The boost reading function is sweet as, just fine tuning the revs reading function at the moment, Im hoping to have it maybe running in a bare bones mode this weekend

HB
Forum Regular

Postby HB » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:05 pm

anything??

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:23 pm

how long till u can start selling them....what injectors are u using ?

James

Postby James » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:24 pm

exams for the last couple of weeks so all the toys got put in the cupboard, and to tell you the truth, this whole thing is going to go on the back burner for a little while, while I investigate the ECU chipping avenue because this could end up doing all the things I wanted to do with my controller but much neater and better and cheaper. Imagine just like sending me your ECU, or soldering in a chip socket, chucking in a chip you get from me or whatever, bolting in some prelude injectors, and then runnig 20psi? Be pretty phat and far better than having to fabricate extra injector mounts and modifty fuel liens and such.

As for the basic FCD that is available, Kartracer has been testing my prototype and the last I heard with some modifications it was working great, so I guess if anyone wants an FCD let me know and Ill hook you up.

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:27 pm

would u put the chips in to the ecu if we could send them to u? and just replace our custom injectors with prelude injectors.

James

Postby James » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:21 pm

Yeah assuming I/we can decode the ECU imformation then I could do an ECU chipping service. Its reasonably straight forward to chip with basic tools; soldering iron, de-solderer, but it makes it a lot easier and safer if you have the right gear, like a static free work bench an a powered desolderer.

By replacing custom injectors with prelude ones I assume you ment standard with prelude ones? That is the plan, the lude injectors drop in and are easily available, and should support 20psi+.

Re-mappig the ECU to suit bigger injectors should be pretty easy, more complicated things like removing boost cut and stuff might take a bit logner tho.

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:26 pm

wicked mate keep us all updated this is a very interesting idea and i figur we are all really keen for it....so any news u ahve to tell hit it up and keep us informed.
sweet as mate cheers

Return to “General”