!!!!Welcome to the New Forum - Please Read!!!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
mozzy
Admin

!!!!Welcome to the New Forum - Please Read!!!!

Postby mozzy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Hello all,

First of all thank you for your patience during this process.

The forum has been succesfully converted to phpBB. It has many new features and fang dangles to play with. There are still a few things to sort out, mainly the gallery and logging out of the forum. Also a few aesthetics issues.

If you are having trouble logging in, you'll need to login with your username, not your display name from the old forum. Some of you had different usernames to your display names. Once you've logged in you can change your username back to your choice and I recommend updating your profiles and setting preferences. Your password is the same as what it was on old forum. Try the forgot password link if you've forgotten that too. If you are having no luck with either your username or password, you can send me an email at [email protected] and I will help you out.

The new forum enables you to store your avatar (little pic under your name) on this site. To upload your avatar, click your profile and at the bottom you will find the avatar settings. Avatars can be 80 x 80 pixels with a max file size of 15kb.

If there are any other issues you come across please let us know by posting in here or emailing.

Thanks,
mozzy.
Last edited by mozzy on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:57 pm

Looks good! Who is hosting the site now? Is it Disomer? And are they in paddington?

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:29 am

I had a seperate username to display name, and i found it wouldn't accept my username, so if in doubt try the display name :)

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:02 am

si wrote:Looks good! Who is hosting the site now? Is it Disomer? And are they in paddington?

You are right si, on both counts. However the site is not actually hosted in Paddington, it is in a data centre in brisbane.

How the hell do you know that? its a little scary.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Fader wrote:
si wrote:Looks good! Who is hosting the site now? Is it Disomer? And are they in paddington?

You are right si, on both counts. However the site is not actually hosted in Paddington, it is in a data centre in brisbane.

How the hell do you know that? its a little scary.

Disomer was showing in the url before ;)

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 pm

Ahh, yeah I guess its more the paddington bit I'm questioning, since we only just moved here in the last 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure the address hasnt been published anywhere.. :?

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:24 pm

I can even tell you the number that your iiNet adsl2+ is running on! :wink: I work for telstra, i came and installed that line for you guys a few weeks ago.. Out of curiousity, what speed is the adsl2+ running at do you know? 23-24mbit?

Got you a bit worried there hey? haha

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:02 pm

ahahah omg! you were freakin me out a bit! You the tall fella?!

geeesh you coulda given me a discount! ;)

Connection Speed 22354 kbps 1023 kbps
Line Attenuation 10 db 6 db
Noise Margin 8 db 9 db

Test run on 17/3/2006 @ 3:58 P.M.

Mirror: Optus
Test type: Cable (15MB Test)

Your connection speed:

kbps: 12796.7
KB/s: 1599.5875
Mbps: 12.49677734375

cant complain I guess! :lol:

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Yeah that was me. I would have given you a discount if i'd known it was you! That sync speed isnt too bad, shame the bloody cable doesnt come straight from the exchange, it loops right around the block and then to your place :roll: go telstra! Mine varies from ~23-24mbit, i've pulled 2800k/s from the iiNet ftp with a few threads. Not too bad at all!

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:03 pm

omg it goes around the block??

bloody hell what a joke! I can see the building when I look out the window ffs! (as you know!)

can you hook us straight in? we'll run a cable straight accross the street ;)

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Hey si I need some adsl 2 while your at it - on the northside :)

Akuma
Donating Member

Postby Akuma » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Excellent work on the migration to php, still a very fast forum.

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:30 pm

Yeah nice forum fellas, appreciate all the work and money you guys expend to make this happen.

Just one quibble, I dunno whether its at my end or yours but the site doesnt seem to fit into my 1024*768 desktop very nicely and i have to scroll across to see who posted things, and there seems to be no shortage of blank space to squeeze it up a little? Only if its easy to do, its a terribly minor inconvenience to me, now I feel like a dick for complaining about this nice new forum :)

mozzy
Admin

Postby mozzy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:40 pm

Na you're good mate, you're not the only one who has brought up the 'wideness' issue :D. We're trying to resolve it asap!!

P.S Complain to Fader lots about it. :P

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:28 am

bigelboe wrote:Yeah nice forum fellas, appreciate all the work and money you guys expend to make this happen.

Just one quibble, I dunno whether its at my end or yours but the site doesnt seem to fit into my 1024*768 desktop very nicely and i have to scroll across to see who posted things, and there seems to be no shortage of blank space to squeeze it up a little? Only if its easy to do, its a terribly minor inconvenience to me, now I feel like a dick for complaining about this nice new forum :)

Haha i already complained :oops:

Thanks to the guys doing this! its looking really good :)

Return to “General”