Combining a damaged T2 engine and a fresh T1 engine

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
HB
Forum Regular

Combining a damaged T2 engine and a fresh T1 engine

Postby HB » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:37 pm

ok, i'm on a mission to fix up my T2.

Appearently the internals are damaged due to AC pulley(?) being ripped out (dunno what happend, my car suddenly died and when i opend the bonnet, it wasnt there where it suppose to be.

anyways, im thinking of getting a fresh imported T1 engine but i cannot afford the transplant.

let's say the internals are farked, do i just need to

bigelboe wrote:
strip the manifolds gearbox clutch and flywheel off your t2 engine leaving the bare block and head, then bolt it all onto yout T1 head and block.

can you give me a bit more info on that bigelboe?

any help is appriciated :)
thanks

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:58 pm

Ok, you need to remove all the stuff over the engine first, all that air filter housing and the turbo piping and stuff.

I could sit here and type for freaking ages describing step by step how to dismantle your T2 engine, or you could buy a Haynes manual from some cvcc car from the early 80's and save me a lot of time and have illustrations to boot.

There is one ont rademe at the moment that would probably be pretty suitable, its for the 1st gen accords, which had cvcc engines in them and weren't crossflow so a lot of the stuff in there will be applicable.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Parts-Other-makes/Manuals/auction-59647490.htm

Return to “General”