old style blitz turbo timer... wiring?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

old style blitz turbo timer... wiring?

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:02 am

I just bought a ghetto blitz turbo timer which is the old style (BTT) and to my dismay despite my requests for one it turned up without a wiring diagram of any kind... and has two wire clusters not one... confusion! I searched around every forum possible for wiring diagrams but couldn't find shit... any of you guys ever wired in an old style turbo timer into city? one cluster is 4 prong with red, black, blue, green, the other cluster is small 3 prong with orange, purple, red... I even emailed blitz and the useless pricks could only tell me that they had 'discontinued' that line of timer.. sigh. any ideas? :(

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:23 am

I don't know how the blitz timers are.. but greddy is set up like this...

Large 4 pin connector:
Red (+12v constant)
Blue (Ignition 1)
Green (Ignition 2)
Black (ground)

I found this, guy also said the greddy was very similar to the blitz. So thats pretty straightforward. As for the other connector, purple goes to the handbrake switch, you can probably just always ground that. And im not sure about the other colours, probably one is to do with a signal for an alarm, and the other might be connected to vehicle speed sensor? It should work with just the main connector wired up, and maybe the purple wire grounded.

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:40 am

hmmn... sorry for being so useless.. but which fuses are ignition 1 and ignition 2? which one do I connect to the accessory on fuse which I have my stereo wired in to...?

James

Postby James » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 am

I just copied and pasted that, there are no such fuses on a city. It may mean that there are two seperate sources of ignition it can supply, as if you look at the wirin diagram of some cars they have two seperate circuits energized by the ON switch, I think in cities one runs the fan and one runs everything else. Try just hooking the engine running one up and it should go.

Thats how I understand it anyway.

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:58 pm

so would that be blue or green...? haha I'm such a nubski... :oops: which fuse is the engine one

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:01 pm

know you must get sick of handing out endless threads of advice on menial issues... your work will oneday be honoured in some form of karmic reparation involving ridiculous 400m times... or something..

of this I have no doubt.

ahem, yes.

James

Postby James » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:45 pm

TURBOCITYCITY wrote: your work will oneday be honoured in some form of karmic reparation involving ridiculous 400m times... or something..

of this I have no doubt.

ahem, yes.

Id prefer beer :lol:

OK so the basic function of a turbo timer is to short circuit across the ON section of your ignition switch for a predetermined time after you turn the key off.So why dont you bust the circuit out of the case and take a couple of decent photos, top and bottom and I will actually try and work out what you need to do.

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 am

hmm... I hooked up the blue wire up to the ignition switch which the radio is connected to, as well as the red to 12v battery and black to earth... it goes on etc has the timer function when I take the key out the engine goes off but the electronics stay on... until the countdown ends... I can take some photos for ya... but which fuse would a city use for engine?... I mean is there some control module that switches it off that I can bypass... I know that green wire is important for something... I'll just have to scab my mums digicam... :twisted:

James

Postby James » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Sounds like youve just about got it, instead of hooking it to the blue wire you need to hook it to the black with a yellow stripe I think it is, the ON wire not the ACC wire.

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:08 am

where would I find such a wire?

I'll rip into all the clusters in search of this wire

James

Postby James » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:53 am

All the wires you need are in the bunch of 6 big ones going to the ignition barrel.

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:10 am

so I tap into the yellow and black one with the wire I currently have connected to the radio fuse..?

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:29 am

the only wires I could find going to the ignition barrel were was a bunch of about 10 or more wrapped in black plastic... sound right? there was 1 wire yellow with little black stripes... I'm a little scared to tap it incase it's bogus.. damn I so don't want to pay someone to put it in.. that'd be ultimate fail :x

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:46 pm

The ignition 1 and ignition 2 most likely refer to the On and Accessories wires in the ignition switch (In honda city is Black, with yellow lines (both the same))

If you aren't sure what to look for, pull off the tape and disconnect the turbo timer, then test the wires with a test lamp, see which is powered when the key is switched on. once you find the wire for on wire up the output/trigger of the turbo timer to it (My setup does not power accessories when on turbo timer, so the stereo and other bits don't run while the timer is on)

James

Postby James » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm

TURBOCITYCITY wrote:the only wires I could find going to the ignition barrel were was a bunch of about 10 or more wrapped in black plastic... sound right? there was 1 wire yellow with little black stripes... I'm a little scared to tap it incase it's bogus.. damn I so don't want to pay someone to put it in.. that'd be ultimate fail :x

Yep thats the right bunch.

OK so the main deal with this turbo timer is to bypass the ignition switch and connect IGN1 and IGN2 to the white one going into B on the ignition switch for a timer after you turn the key off. At the moment you presumably have the white B cable connected to the blue (not shown) acc cable for a time after you turn the key off. You want to disconnect this fromt he blue cable and hook it up to IG1, IG2 isn't really nesc it runs the window demister and the RAD fan, your car isn't likely to overheat in a minute or so.

Return to “General”