FCD Question (James, BOOSTBOY; if you're still there?)

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
DR86
Forum Enthusiast

FCD Question (James, BOOSTBOY; if you're still there?)

Postby DR86 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 pm

What is the best value of resistance for a potentiometer to trick the boost cut? I bought one off BoostBoy years ago and it worked beautifully up to 20psi (didn't dare go more than that) and all it was is a potentiometer to alter the signal to the MAP sensor. Might be a crude way to do it but it was successful for me and I want to do it again. Need the value and it might be benificial for us in the info base. Thanks!

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:10 am

I wouldn't recommend using a potentiometer since then all your map readings will be off making the engine run leaner.

Instead use a voltage cap.
Just make sure you have good boost control since there wont be a limit any more, or alternately you can add a voltage switch as well and set it to trigger a relay when it reaches the set voltage to let the signal back though and trigger the boost cut.

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 pm

What do you bmgjet use for a boost cut lifter? Looked up a bit about the map voltage clamp thing you suggested, is that what you used? Or just wait until someone can figure out how to remove it in the ecu? Long wait.

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Using a modified map on the ecu.
Its posted on the google code project.

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Modified map using the google wha what? Never heard of it. Sounds cool asl, I'd like a proper way of increasing boost without tricking the map sensor and leaning out. How did you go about doing that? Can you do mine please? :roll:

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 am

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:44 pm

bmgjet, that was a great read. so the cold start is still a problem? or have you sorted that out? if so how much dollars are we talking about for you to chip my t2 ecu :lol: ? And that launch control you have going is boss. My 'T2 minus 1' is very disappointing atm. Don't know if the T2 turbo i put on is stuffed (still boosing to 14psi) or i'm doing something wrong. Should I put the t1 turbo back on? try puting a blended dump pipe on? mid range pull is hopeless now.

or, go all out and put the t25 off a gtr that i have laying round, once i change it to steel wheels that is. dunno man, you have to help me with my performace anxiety

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 am

It runs off the chip, but doesnt like my rom emulator. Need to run a socket booster.
Cold start problem was because the rom emulator wasn't getting enough power from the socket when cranking a cold engine.

Im running a T1 core with T2 parts on my T2 engine with out problem so id say the problem is ether your turbo/timing/bad compression.

The launch control works very well for what it is. Expecting to get into 14s at the 1/4 mile during speed week.

I would rather not chip another city ecu. Its so much harder then modern honda ecus since the traces can lift up a lot more easily.

Return to “General”