Turbo replace/upgrade....

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
jmfamily

Turbo replace/upgrade....

Postby jmfamily » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:52 am

hey guys, how it going? Ive been reading alot of info on here and around the web, and im interested in replacing my turbo because i think it might have carked it. ive read that you can do the rodeo turbo upgrade, but looking on trademe, they dont seem to come up to often. while on the other hand, the T25 turbo and the subaru turbo and all that are easy to come by and quite cheap. SO what im asking is, does anybody have a good stock turbo i could buy?, or what is the easiest to find (in NZ on trademe) and also requires minimal to no modification. Im not interested in going bigger atm, i just want something that is stock, or works as close to stock as possible.
thanks in advance for any help.
Jonathan

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 pm

if you have the money i would recommend a garret GT1241 might take a little modification to fit but its for 400-1200cc capacities so it should pick up pretty quickly and not choke up as the motors redline is around 6000rpm. on the flip-side of the coin you might loss high end power marginally but should have a better torque curve at a lower rpms

Return to “General”