Stud Problems.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
paddymarsh
Forum Participant

Stud Problems.

Postby paddymarsh » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi guys i just bought some 14x6 wheels for my T2 and when i was putting them on last night, my stock wheels were wound on super super tight. So tight that i was lifting the wheel off the ground before the bolts were loosening. Now one of my mags wont sit flush on the drum.

What is a possible problem?
Have a bent a stud taking off the old wheels?
I know it is the studs and not the wheel as i have tried different wheels on it.

Thanks in advance

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

hi

have you tried putting the stock rim back on as it might be possible that the center is too small on your rim (unlikely i know). you should be able to punch out the old studs and replace them which is a good idea anyway as the studs might be partially stripped (explains why they're super tight) or have been overstrained by the over tensioning of the nuts weakening the studs

paddymarsh
Forum Participant

Postby paddymarsh » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm

If that was the case doesnt that mean the other back wheel would be doing the same thing? The grease cap seems to fit on the centre hole fine.

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm

i said it was unlikely but yes if the was the case the other rim should be doing the same unless you have one odd rim with a different center diameter (this was the unlikely part i was talking about). the grease cap on the drums are smaller than the center on the drum (by how much i'm not sure) so shouldn't be used as a defendant size check

paddymarsh
Forum Participant

Postby paddymarsh » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Ok i got it sorted. It was the rim not fitting over the centre. Thanks for your help twins

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 am

Your new rims might have center bore inserts, it would be crazy if they are too small for a Honda, as they have a pretty small center bore.

Return to “General”