Is this a Turbo?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
AliciaJane
Forum Participant

Is this a Turbo?

Postby AliciaJane » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Very, very newbie question here.

Is this (or was it originally) a turbo? Is has that bottom lip thing without a black bumper bar kind of like I've seen on the Turbos. But is that exclusive to the turbos or found on other citys too? Owner says it's a city pro t but mine didn't look like this...

Also did my photo work? :?

Thanks, Alicia.

http://s792.photobucket.com/user/alicia ... a.jpg.html

AliciaJane
Forum Participant

Re: Is this a Turbo?

Postby AliciaJane » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm

6 people have viewed by no one has commented? C'mon, be nice to a newbie :lol:

DDmitry
Forum Regular

Postby DDmitry » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 am

Body look same as City Pro, but engine can be a spap to turbo.
Original Turbo look like this :-)

crispy
Forum Regular

Postby crispy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah, that is definitely a ProT.

One of the give aways is the lack of the hump on the hood (all turbo versions had a different shaped hood to accommodate the air cleaner).
Also, almost every turbo i've seen has the yellow fog lamps, where as none of the Aus versions got them.
(though i plan on stealing them off my City E and putting them onto my ProT).

In saying all of this, a lot of components are compatible with other versions of City's. When i bought my E it came with turbo seats, which i have then put into my ProT. So it's entirely possible that the front bumper on the one in your picture is from a different city and they have just painted it white.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 am

AliciaJane wrote:Very, very newbie question here.

Is this (or was it originally) a turbo? Is has that bottom lip thing without a black bumper bar kind of like I've seen on the Turbos. But is that exclusive to the turbos or found on other citys too? Owner says it's a city pro t but mine didn't look like this...

Also did my photo work? :?

Thanks, Alicia.

http://s792.photobucket.com/user/alicia ... a.jpg.html

Sorry for the late reply, only just saw this, the following might help someone else in the future.

It's not easy from that poor photo, and its always good to have interior and under the bonnet shots to tell.

The things that generally show a car is a turbo is the fact that it has a turbo engine in it...
Or sway bars.
Or a turbo interior.
Or turbo written down the side on the rubber strip.

That car also has the left front indicator that is not in the same position that the turbo's normally had it in.

The door handle has also been painted white (they only came in black), and headlight surrounds which suggests the bumpers have been repainted too.

It also looks like it's running on fairly small tyres which would suggest non turbo, but again VERY hard to tell from the photo.

Given all that, it is unlikely that that car was or is a turbo.

Return to “General”