Where To Buy Parts

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KOZ23
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Where To Buy Parts

Postby KOZ23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

So hopefully soon I'll be the owner of one of the coolest little cars I've seen, but until that time comes I just want to do a little bit of leg work, with the cars I have done in the past I've always rebuilt them from ground up so there are brand new everything was replaced. So my question to everyone or for anyone that knows, where can I get parts for this car eg, bushes, rubbers, bearings, engine mounts, tie rods, cv's, driveshafts etc I could go on but you get the message. Is there a shop online that sells new parts for the turbo 2's? Aus, America, Japan? Maybe there is or maybe there isn't just thought I'd ask, sorry if it's been asked before did a search couldn't find anything. If anyone knows throw a link up thanks in advance. Oh and if anyone wants to part with theirs I'm keen lol :P

crispy
Forum Regular

Re: Where To Buy Parts

Postby crispy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 am

Glad to hear someone with a bunch of enthusiasm getting into the City scene.
Unfortunately there isn't much available for these cars and parts (especially brand new stuff) can be hard to come by.

For starters, the US will have nothing, cars were never sold there.

2nd best would be looking around here/ NZ. They both got the City Turbos as imports and Aus even got the ProT (ie. non turbo van version) sold here from Honda, so you can find some parts, anything that is compatible with a ProT you will have a higher chance of getting. They shared the same body, so basic bits and pieces can swap over.

Japan would be best to find stuff, but it can be hard to find without knowing exactly where to look. I know a lot of people keep an eye on Jap auction sites as stuff comes up every now and again. Yahoo! Auctions is quite big over there.

Apart from that, you are going to be stuck with 2nd hard parts. Ask around on here for specific parts and you might find something from someone. I have a red City E that is for parts, so ask away.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 pm

KOZ23 wrote:So hopefully soon I'll be the owner of one of the coolest little cars I've seen, but until that time comes I just want to do a little bit of leg work, with the cars I have done in the past I've always rebuilt them from ground up so there are brand new everything was replaced. So my question to everyone or for anyone that knows, where can I get parts for this car eg, bushes, rubbers, bearings, engine mounts, tie rods, cv's, driveshafts etc I could go on but you get the message. Is there a shop online that sells new parts for the turbo 2's? Aus, America, Japan? Maybe there is or maybe there isn't just thought I'd ask, sorry if it's been asked before did a search couldn't find anything. If anyone knows throw a link up thanks in advance. Oh and if anyone wants to part with theirs I'm keen lol :P

You wont find any honda standard new parts.

You may find aftermarket new, but here in NZ they are getting extremely rare, and most are retired now.

Even in Japan they are having trouble just getting replacement parts like head gasket sets.

Second hand ones are also hard to find in good condition, the best way is to wreck a few cars and keep all the specific bits.

Here in NZ we are lucky that we have a lot of standard Cities which have some parts that transfer across.

But in the last few years there has been a significant drop off in T2's coming up on our auction site here in NZ.

dionallott123
Forum Regular

Postby dionallott123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:23 pm

hey mate give me a ring i got HEEEAPPPSS!!!!!! :)

dionallott123
Forum Regular

Postby dionallott123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:25 pm

just wrote off my t2..
heaps of mods -- hks bov, turbo mint cond running @12psi easy ;), push start, all rewired professionally and recipets etc and like 50++ other parts of you want em you will be sorted for life :)

Return to “General”