Drag Race Night at Meremere (Drag Wars)

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Drag Race Night at Meremere (Drag Wars)

Postby KingCity » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey guys, just a reminder that the NightSpeed DragWars will kick off at the beginning of november for the summer season. The reason i am posting this is i'd like to see a group of Turbo Citys there running down the strip, i've missed the last two seasons but don't want to miss another one & was hoping there will be some challengers for me :lol: So anyway maybe if some people are keen & want to commit to it then maybe we can do a turbo city meet up for that night, all you need is footware, sleeved top & helmet, i've been let through with tee shirts & singlets though. DragWars nights are always on a Friday so if working then your outta luck, i hope there are some keen city owners, cheers for reading.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Drag Race Night at Meremere (Drag Wars)

Postby KingCity » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:20 pm

So sorry for the late update. Drag wars is kicking off at the end of this month on Friday the 31st & racing kicks off at 6:30pm, $45 to race or $15 to watch. The first night is usually the more entertaining night which usually has a fireworks display.

Other Drag Wars nights/dates:
- 21st November
- 5th December
- 20th February
- 6th March
- 27th March

Come give it a go even if your car is stock, its always fun. I am entering my car on stock City 12" skinnies to try break a 13sec pass on them without a LSD, it will be a challenge

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:33 am

I might come try and check out the 5th of December one.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Hey James long time, i started to wonder if you were still apart of the City world, I'm glad to here it, the first event was called off due to weather from what i have been told, i was meant to make it but am running into problems with number 3 cylinder running hot & boiling the ceramics & then breaking them to bits, its happening on low & high boost so i got to get that sorted but chances are i wont make the next event coming up but im fairly sure i'll be at there on the 5th December, especially if you going.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Looks like i wont be going to this years events as what ever was going wrong with number 3 cylinder doesn't matter now as it blew its arse today so yeah i'll strip engine down over the weekend coming to see how big the hole is in the piston haha. I still managed to drive it home 18k away though, funny how the car always gets me home, i'm just glad thats my test & thrash engine. T2 engine parts could be avalible soon.

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 pm

sucks about your engine mate. i was also hoping to do the drags this season but i need exhaust made up. more a matter of cash than anything else.

after reading your member thread ive now changed my goal. was aiming for low 14s but i want 13s now and i think its possible without spending a fukton of cash. (still havnt even had a 1st run to see where its at)

in other words, you're the man and thank you.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks ST3LTH. Yeah i stripped engine down tonight & as expected it was number three as thats the cylinder that has been giving me grief. After seeing the piston i can see why i lost so much oil haha

Last edited by KingCity on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah i wont be making the 3rd event as i still have to get the car on the dyno & find out why cylinder 3 is running hot, im so gutted as theres a big gap between events, atleast that will give me time to sort the car out properly, still gutted though.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:52 am

Theres a pratice event coming up on the 7th Jan 2015, i hope to be at this one if i can get the time off work as its going to be late notice. Time to chop some turbo MX5's, oh wait this ain't MCM LOL. 30 bux to race for street cars.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:23 am

Hey if you do manage to go try to get some video footage of the city! So keen to see it in action :D

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:48 am

Yeah ok, if Turdbo comes along then he may be able to or anyone else who desides to come along could. My mate took a quick vid on his iphone with the city running the nitrous, i haven't seen it yet but if its come out ok then i could chuck it up on my Youtube account, i will let you know if that happens.

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

i'm definitely attending this one, not running though.

i'll make some videos for everyone. the only thing i hate is the sound is absolutely nothing like real life but oh well.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Na thats all good, im running a exhaust with muffler so it will be quite quiet anyway. I was driving around in it today to make sure the boost controller is setup right ready for the drags but it didn't feel that fast on 23psi after testing the nitrous the other day, nitrous just seems so much better. I wont be running the nitrous at this event unless i get really crappy times haha.

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:54 pm

bro, what happened?

most of the cars were pretty boring. was waiting for the red beast to come and stun the crowd.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Buggy sorry i was meant to let you know i couldn't get time off work with late notice as someone else was having an extra week off so we were short staffed, the boss is usually quite good so i didn't push the issue as he may not let me take the time off when its really needed, the funny thing is that work was very quiet last week.

Return to “General”