NEW BRAKE BOOSTERS NOW AVALIABLE EBAY

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

NEW BRAKE BOOSTERS NOW AVALIABLE EBAY

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

Ok So some months ago both my Turbo II & Turbo I's suffered Brake failure, one with a wornout Master Cylinder the other with a Failed Booster. I had a 'spare ' Turbo II booster & MC which I sent off to have rebuilt, and removed a Booster/MC from the Turbo I & sent that off as well. I got the Rebuild bill of $1100, so needless to say the rebuild shop still has my stuff. The 'going rate' in Aus is around $300+ to have a booster rebuilt btw.

So turns out both my cars were running the same booster/mc combo, the Booster was a red label NISSIN NM-130V with a 3/4 MC. I searched the web & Ebay & eventually found a seller in China that sells nothing but Boosters who was able to make some up for me, & after a month or so I've now finally got them :) - pics/info :

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... re_comment

Ebay seller :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221527206706

$150 Aus Landed, it's about 6" overall OD, bolts up to the Turbo I firewall perfectly, and the master cylinder bolts lineup perfectly as well. So far all good. If you have been searching for a new booster this could be an option for you. I personally had no luck with local wreckers, and every booster online for Hondas seems to be 8" OD or bigger, which won't physically fit our cars.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: NEW BRAKE BOOSTERS NOW AVALIABLE EBAY

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

I should say I still now have to find a new Master Cylinder, again both my Turbo's were running the same type, a 3/4 unit, but it has a 35mm Outer-Bore part that slots into the new booster, & the booster has a 45-46mm 'hole'. So there's a 10mm gap. I've asked the China supplier if they also do Master Cylinders & fired off some emails to other sellers on ebay selling Dorman-Brand Honda M/C's to check the size on them. Otherwise maybe some type of rubber gasket/o-ring would work..Does a master cylinder even need to air-tight seal against a Booster?

Pic of the M/C's taken from Turbo II & Turbo I. The other Turbo II M/C I had was the type with the Shaft on it, sadly I don't have it anymore otherwise I could see if it would fit the new booster..

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:38 am

Mucking about looking for a new Master Cylinder, since the new booster has a bigger 'hole' and my current M/C is worn out anyways... In no way am I a Mechanic or car part Guru, but I have to say how annoying it is trying to find out about boosters & M/C's! I can jump on Ebay & buy 100's of brand new or Original Honda complete units for bugger all $, & there are 100's of Sellers all over the world, yet none of them are capable of answering a very basic question - What is the OD of the Booster your selling? Most Hondas seem to run 8"-9"+ OD size ones, which unless I'm *totally* wrong will physically just not fit in a City.

This is the standard reply - ' If you can forward your complete Honda details (i.e. model, month & year, engine size, etc...), we'll be able to give you more accurate specs for the brake booster your particular model needs '

Of course it's totally pointless replying with 1985 Honda city Turbo. Maybe I should start mailing these seller's a Ruler..

Master Cylinders are just as much fun, heaps around nice & cheap, but it's a job trying to findout the OD of the part that slots into the Booster. Some tell you the Internal Bore size, but nothing else. Again I'm getting a lot of ' If you can forward your complete Honda details (i.e. model, month & year, engine size, etc...), we'll be able to give you more accurate specs for the brake master cylinder your particular model needs....'

Return to “General”