New Build help plzzz

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Zeg
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

New Build help plzzz

Postby Zeg » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Hey all so its been a few years since i had a city last was a t1 t2 mix went realy well loved it but times changed and i had to let it go (sad face) but i all ways wanted another and here i am got myself a t1 shell no engine or box but every thing alse. iv done the turbo thing and was wanting to go n/a i do have a civic with a d15b cv dual carbs witch go's well for what it is so my Q is would it fit with little or no mods or am i better going with the 1200 city engine and working that up, any help here would be good
thanks

p.s im a welder / light engineer so some work like that wouldnd bother me
the civic is a 1989 hach

COMBAX
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: New Build help plzzz

Postby COMBAX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Obviously clearance is the first issue as D-series motors use a crossflow head, whereas the City motors have both manifolds on the firewall side of the engine. You'll have a few challenges doing the conversion but it has been done before. Check out the build threads on here, in particular 'turbocab' as that car has a turbo D-series in it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3037

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: New Build help plzzz

Postby KingCity » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Not to sure why u'd want to do a conversion to a D series engine & keep it carbed, if you are using a t1 shell then all the EFI wiring is there already & also the high pressure fuel pump & tank, these things would have to be changed if doing a carby conversion, so just stick with a EFI D series engine, u'd be sorry sticking with carbs. As for working up a N/A city engine well it isn't worth the effort, only the turbo city engine is worth working as you get a reasonable level of performance but a EFI D series is still the best option.

Return to “General”