ECU swap/tune?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

ECU swap/tune?

Postby bitterberry » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:12 am

Has anyone here had their ecu swapped out, had a tune up etc? What were the results? Share your experiences!

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: ECU swap/tune?

Postby KingCity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:52 am

From my understanding someone looked into this, it may have been James but not muched happend, i think that it comes down to dollars vs gains & of course sales to recoup the money invested in programming & manufacturing of new chips etc. Its cheaper to do a full ecu replacement.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:44 am

bitterberry wrote:Has anyone here had their ecu swapped out, had a tune up etc? What were the results? Share your experiences!

There is meant to be a mugen rom out there somewhere, but it's never managed to be tracked down (if someone does have one pm me so i can get it copied and shared, will pay...) This was a drop in replacement within the ecu.

There is also an HKS piggy back computer for running another injector and more boost, only seen 1 of these in Australia.

I've seen mention of someone trying to run a megasquirt, not sure how far they got though.

The cvcc complicates matters so it's not as straight forward as most cars.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 am

Interesting, would be nice to get that mugen rom into circulation but by the sounds of it, it could be just about anywhere if it still even exists

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 am

I think that is why everyone who goes full on with these engines tries to get away from using the cvcc system as its old technology, worked well at the time but Honda didn't stick with it for long so it can't be that great. As for the HKS piddy back unit well i have one but never use it as the standard T2 ECU seems to do the job without the piddyback, I'm sure '3GCVC' also has one from what i know but i think his is a newer updated one, mine was the very first model from what i've been told, there are a couple of these HKS units floating around NZ.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:03 am

Oh sorry, you meant a stand alone unit to just control an extra 6th injector? Yeah i do not have one of these, just the unit that controls the standard 5 injectors, my bad.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 am

KingCity wrote:I think that is why everyone who goes full on with these engines tries to get away from using the cvcc system as its old technology, worked well at the time but Honda didn't stick with it for long so it can't be that great. As for the HKS piddy back unit well i have one but never use it as the standard T2 ECU seems to do the job without the piddyback, I'm sure '3GCVC' also has one from what i know but i think his is a newer updated one, mine was the very first model from what i've been told, there are a couple of these HKS units floating around NZ.

The piggy back computer i'm talking about may not be the same one you are (or it could have had an extra unit to drive the injector).

There was a city in Australia running an extra injector on the inlet and stock 18psi using an HKS system.

Return to “General”