Hello Folks New to the site

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Adam_83
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Hello Folks New to the site

Postby Adam_83 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 am

hello folks

sorry if there is a noob thred i could not find it,

just wanted to say hello, my name is Adam and i live in Perth WA, i own a Honda City Pro T (non turbo) :( but it is a absolute joy to own and drive, it has the hondamatic gear box that is a hoot to play with and i even have a roof rack with bright green sponges lol i will add a pic.

i have had the car for 2 years and before me it was a 1 owner that was a lovely old lady so i knew i had a good car when i brought it.

i have found this site and from what i have read you are the folks to speak to about this little monster that i have the pleasure to own,

i am looking for a manual so that i can change the cambelt as i think that it is over due and don't want to risk the car for the sake of a belt so if you can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful, is it a hard job for a basic mechanic or should i just pay and have it done properly

anyway hello from me and nice to meet you all.

adam

p.s. here is my old car from the England, as you can see i am a Honda man through and through

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: Hello Folks New to the site

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:01 am

Hi Adam. Nice looking City! I'm Michael also in Perth - Marangaroo neck of the woods. You can see my City stuff here : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... izard=true

Also can maybe suss out the Perth Honda Club - Be great to have more City's there, Turbo-non-turbo doesn't matter! : https://www.facebook.com/pages/PHC-Pert ... 6364727738

Far as Manuals, I think people have scanned them & they are on this site somewhere? if not I have a T1 manual that came with my car....just have to find the bloody thing - moving house atm so stuff is everywhere..

Adam_83

Postby Adam_83 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:28 am

ANTHRAXXX wrote:Hi Adam. Nice looking City! I'm Michael also in Perth - Marangaroo neck of the woods. You can see my City stuff here : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... izard=true

Also can maybe suss out the Perth Honda Club - Be great to have more City's there, Turbo-non-turbo doesn't matter! : https://www.facebook.com/pages/PHC-Pert ... 6364727738

Far as Manuals, I think people have scanned them & they are on this site somewhere? if not I have a T1 manual that came with my car....just have to find the bloody thing - moving house atm so stuff is everywhere..

Hello Michael

nice to meet you mate, i am in Ocean Reef so north, thanks for the advice will check out the other sites and try to get the info, hopefully it is scanned in on here so i can jut have a look, you done much work to yours at all would you attempt a cam belt? i have been offered a turbo but not sure if i should buy it see how it goes might do but not sure if i should.

thanks again for the rapid response

good luck with the

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am

Cheers I've done limited Mechanical stuff myself, mostly it's cosmetic things I'm ok at :p For a Cam belt I'd think that's something a regular auto store could do...I do have a mate that's a retired mechanic who used to own my red T1 so I generally go to him with any issues, but he's not always available. I'm sure these guys recently did their belt? :

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread ... city+turbo

Adam_83

Postby Adam_83 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:49 pm

That’s cool thanks for the info, does you mate ever want any more business as I would like to use someone I can trust? As I am sure you can vouch for him. If he says yes I would very much appreciate his number.

does anyone have the service manual for my car? pleeeaaassseee

Adam_83

Postby Adam_83 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 pm

found the service manual but i am after a work shop manual so i can work on the car like a haynes manual anyone got any pointers ?

thanks

fez824

Postby fez824 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:15 am

I haven't been able to find an english version for the T2. I rang a honda dealership today, they're going to check with Honda head office and get back to me.

Will keep you posted.

Adam_83

Postby Adam_83 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:33 am

good man thanks

fez824

Postby fez824 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 am

No luck with Honda Australia, here was the reply...
Unfortunately, Honda Australia do not supply Workshop Manuals to the public.

The hunt continues!

Return to “General”