Overheating and few other issues.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Rotary
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Overheating and few other issues.

Postby Rotary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey guys, bought my 2nd Honda City, and first turbo city 3 weeks ago being told the only problem was when it was sitting at idle for a while it starts to smoke. So I was thinking just stem seals, but the other day I was going up the motorway when it began to overheat, ill admit my negligence of noticing the temp gauge until it was to late. The car began to lose power, was in 5th gear foot flat, turbo 3/4 spooled and the car was slowing down. So I pulled over to let it cool down for a bit, when I turned it on it ran on 2/3 cylinders and billowed out white smoke, fire extinguisher level thick. But as soon as I started driving it cleared itself and ran okay for a bit, before the temp gauge started rising again. Car drinks a bit of water and has compression in the radiator, so I was thinking possibly heat gasket or cracked head/block. What's the weaker link on city turbos? Also the PCV breather has a little filter on it and just glugs oil out of it.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Overheating and few other issues.

Postby bitterberry » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Sorry off topic but do you work at magnum compliance? Pretty sure I see this car every day. City turbos are known for big end bearing problems on cylinder 4. Is it running on all 4 cylinders again? Try a compression test

Rotary
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby Rotary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Wow that's buzzy lol, gonna take a guess that you drive the similar color one with the fender mirror that parks at jade stadium? And yeah it runs fine after it gets all the water out.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:47 am

One little thing to check before anything else is water thermostat. Follow the top hose from your Radiator to where it joins the engine. Should be 2 bolts holding the water pump housing to the block. Carefully remove the bolts, don't wanna strip/snap them, and inspect the thermo unit. The one on my first T2 has totally self destructed & I was getting smoke etc etc..

See here :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4380&p=27978&hilit=thermostat#p27978

Return to “General”