cabriolet engine

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
drmcned
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

cabriolet engine

Postby drmcned » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:31 pm

hi im new to the forum, i dont have a city turbo but i have a cabriolet and another cabriolet which is being built as a race car with a mid mount(hopefully) its still just a bare shell waiting for the chasis to get built. what i was wondering is if the bottom end of the different er engines are the same, my road registered cab lost oil pressure and so needs a rebuild. i was wondering where i could source rebuild parts for it, and also ive got a good motor here out of a pro t , im wanting to know if the bottom ends are the same would be nice if i could put the manifolds and carby off the cab engine on it and get it back on the road, but i know the cab engines are a fair bit different but not sure if those differences are just in the head and induction or do they use different pistons as well. sorry to prattle about cabriolets in the turbo forum but havent found a cab sight yet :D
cheers mcned

kevinclancy
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: cabriolet engine

Postby kevinclancy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi - I was wondering if you might have an owners manual for a Cabriolet ? I need to know the manufacturers maximum rated weight -

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: cabriolet engine

Postby KingCity » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:42 pm

That fine to ask those questions here, it's still a City after all. Now i'm not to sure exactly what engine the Pro-T has as we do not have them here in New Zealand that i am aware of but what i can gather is that they are the Australian Domestic Market version of the City-E found here in NZ, if so then they are likely to have a black rocker/cam cover without any badges/markings stating COMBAX & or CVCC & use a 5 speed manual gearbox, these engines use 8 valve 8 port heads. Now my understanding is that Cabriolet's were imported & were a JDM supply only & come with the red top COMBAX 12 valve 12 port head. Now there are many ways to identify the differences between the two but my understanding is that the block & internals are the same but the heads/cam etc are different, i never got around to comparing these two engines parts properly but i am sure there are a few things you'd be able to swap. Intake & exhaust manifolds are different however ADM City's probably had a catalytic converter so there maybe a chance that the exhaust manifolds are the same as JDM's but you will still have an issue with the intake manifolds. I guess there is only one way to find out & that is to try it, they are very simple engines to work on so i doubt you'll struggle with it.

Return to “General”