Basic Question: Oil Grade

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
tyty573
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Basic Question: Oil Grade

Postby tyty573 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi all. Sorry for the lame ass question, but in 12 hours I'll be a new Turbo II owner in Washington State, USA. It's been difficult to find a lot of good information and parts for my new favorite car, so this forum is a godsend.

To give an example of how hard it is to find information on City's out here - I literally don't know what grade of oil to put in it. My car is coming more or less directly from Japan, so I have concern that the oil in it is quite old. I'd like to change that as soon as I receive it, but I'm not sure what to fill it with... Any tips?

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Basic Question: Oil Grade

Postby spike10000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:09 am

The oil cap will give you a fairly good clue 8)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

I use Castrol Magnatec 10/40W Oil in both my City Turbos, same oil is used in the Transmission. I once used some specific Castrol Transmission Oil & it was horrid..too thick & would crunch the gears during changes :p Luckily I did a round the block test-drive...Quickly drove home & drained it out & put the 10/40 back in. They don't like Thick oil.

I run abit of a City site on Facebook that may help you with info & finding parts : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... izard=true

There's also the Japanese City Site, I think it's Invite Only, and mostly all posts are in Japanese : https://www.facebook.com/groups/975405212487118/

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:47 pm

tyty573 wrote:Hi all. Sorry for the lame ass question, but in 12 hours I'll be a new Turbo II owner in Washington State, USA. It's been difficult to find a lot of good information and parts for my new favorite car, so this forum is a godsend.

To give an example of how hard it is to find information on City's out here - I literally don't know what grade of oil to put in it. My car is coming more or less directly from Japan, so I have concern that the oil in it is quite old. I'd like to change that as soon as I receive it, but I'm not sure what to fill it with... Any tips?

The infobase is a good place to start for all new city owners rather then random info from other people on facebook...

This one covers oil and comes straight from the owners manual.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1933

Return to “General”