Tension Timing Belt

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: Tension Timing Belt

Postby BOOSTBOY » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:37 pm

As i remember there are two 10mm bolts close together halfway down the timing cover.  Undo the right hand one a bit and then do it up.  That should be all you need to do, it just lets more spring preload in the tensioner to take up the slack of the belt.  Job done! ;)

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:24 pm

The tensioner is spring loaded so applies the correct tension after setting as follows.
1.Set TDC on No1
2. Loosen the pivot and adjusting bolts(the ones Boostboy mentioned)
3. Rotate crank anticlockwise about one-quarter turn to create tension on the belt.
4.Tighten the adjusting bolt, then the pivot bolt. 31ft-lbs
Tension for crank pulley is 83ft-lbs.
Have fun.

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:29 pm

Flywheel is 87ft-lbs  pressure plate,19ft-lbs bolts around gearbox 32ft-lbs  hope that helps. cheers  Henry

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:34 am

Hey Loren

Hows progress going on your conversion, remember to swap that heater box, it was a bastard having to pull the dash out twice.

Cheers

Tony

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:17 pm

Hi Loren

I don't think theres any other way, the guys that I got to do mine missed that first time round and ended up having to pull the dash out again.  They also had to go back and have a second go at the wiring loom at the back end for some reason (past the fuel pump), I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what that was for. Did I tell you about the radiators?

Tony  ;D

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:22 am

Ummm, no, my swap was done with a T1 engine, the turbo radiator is slighty thicker so I was originally thinking of fitting it for better cooling but it just doesn't fit, even if you change the rail across the top/front, so I had to just use the standard radiator that was originally in there.  We couldn't use the standard top radiator hose and in the end used the bottom hose of a Toyota something.  I spoke to the garage about that second go at the wiring loom and there was some differences in the tail light wiring so we used the standard turbo loom with the wiring to the fuel pump, but wired in the standard loom from there back.

Cheers

Tony  ;D

Return to “General”