Wierd Noise

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbo2boy

Re: Wierd Noise

Postby turbo2boy » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:29 pm

yip my turbo doz the same thing even with a blow off valve some times the more pressure you run the louder it gets as more air is compresed

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:55 am

Mine has the noise too, though I dont have an airfilter an at the mo'!!! so its loud....

any one know what the thing just off throm centre  towards passenger side is on fire wall, has two vacumn hoses (think) running to it and a elec wire going eslsewhere? some kind of sender unit? seems to have a black plastic knob on top not sure if adjusts any way??

BOVs?  what kind is suited?  plumb back?? straight venting?  should be OK to just cut out section of the rubber hose on Intercooler and insert a metal bit wit the BOV attached right??

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:02 am

You can run any type of blow off valve on the CityT, only air flow meter equipped engines are sensitive to BOV's.  I used to run a cheap and simple bosch one which worked fine and only cost about $60 new.  And yes, just insert a metal tee into the rubber 'cooler pipe...

Sorry, dont know what that sensor does off hand.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:38 am

Sorry mate, i went to do it the other day but i had no degreaser left.  Its bloody filthy.  Ill get onto it...

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Postby kenny » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:20 am

hi this happened to my t2 aswell. it only hapend when i had an k&n filter on it, when i had the standard filter it does it every so often, though only after giving it shit.
it's proper name is reversion, i read it in a zoom mag it told you every thing about it and even with a blow off valve it still can do it.

thought you might want to know.
thanks kenny

Return to “General”