I have migrated to the dark side ;)

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

I have migrated to the dark side ;)

Postby PGNUTA » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:21 pm

Well i've always been a hardcore nissan driver but the prospect of a city turbo run-around for $100 (thats right guys...  $100) was too good to pass up.

So now i'm the proud owner of a 1984 honda city turbo with 74,000 km's on the clock.

Now i don't want to sound nieve but with the condition of the interior and suchlike i would have to believe the km's to be accurate.

Nice thing about it is that the engine is mint apart from a possible stuck waistgate (if anyone has any quick tips for this i would apreciate it) and the seats and interior are also mint.  It's missing the rear door trim of the left hand side, the bit that says turbo.

So that's my story for today.  

As an aside not.  It's nice to be able to drive round in a car that's not 50mm of the ground at the front.  When driving my silvia i am constantly stressing about where i can drive, where i can park and what speed bumps i can traverse without ripping my bumper off.  As i was saying to Qiklude today...  This is the least stressfull sunday i've had for a long time.

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: I have migrated to the dark side ;)

Postby Turbo3 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:29 am

Hey there PGNUTA,

100 bucks!! Is that NZ or Aus? Either way that's one hell-of-a-bargin!! Was that a T1 or 2?
You could afford to put enough resource into that to make you go "what's a Nissan?!!"  ;D
Wastegates can be a pain. I had mine done by a workshop with a bit of experience in them. You can sort them by heating the exhaust housing while in place and tapping the actuator rod, but I was advised it's best to remove the whole unit. Either way, it's not something I was keen to look at. Besides, I don't own a gas tourch or a pit / hoist to do the job!
Good luck.

Pete 8)

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:46 am

Yeah, that $100nz and it's a city 1.  It's got a broken stearing column and ignition barrel and drivers door lock from where it was stolen last week.   :-[

But its nothing that some solex locks, an s2000 start button and some superglue / fiberglass resin won't fix.

As for the waistgate i think i'll leave it alone for a while.  Will get the fuel system sorted with some 220cc prelude injectors and a VL commador fuel pump and a custom dump pipe off the turbo then get a fuel cut defender off that guy on these forums.

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:34 am

that really is a bargain!  if they were that cheap over in aus, I'd have one in an instant!

what model silvia do you have?  got any piccies?

oh btw, I'm still trying to get onto our current server so I can copy all the files accross to your server.  I'll also need to talk to you about cgi bins and stuff...

but congrats on the purchase, you wont be disapointed! :)

Brendan

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:01 pm

bro, if you need any parts.... ;D

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:09 pm

What parts u got man?

Return to “General”