bolt on turbo upgrade

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
minime

bolt on turbo upgrade

Postby minime » Sun May 11, 2003 10:25 pm

G'day to all,

I was just wondering are there any bolt on turbo upgrades out there for t2. Ive surfed around a bit and found other turbos in the IHI RHB turbo family.

The RHB51 is on the city turbos of which im sure you are all aware but did you know that the RHB52 came out on early WRX's? Does this bolt on to the t2? ??? and if it does then that would mean that the upgrades for the WRX will also fit? nice if it did.

Also There is a RHB6a that came off an isuzu mpr truck (88-92) and this turbo is good for 322 hp. let my mind go for a little walk here Honda City Turbo 2 + 322hp turbo = white knuckled,strap your self in fun.

One more turbo I found was IHI RHF 6CB ball bearing turbo for easyer spool up not sure what its off though.

do any of these fit  ??? or an other that you know of ?

I dont want to modify the exhaust manafold as then it starts to cost big dollars of which I dont have.

also let me know of any other web sites for turbo upgrades

keep on cruzin :D

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: bolt on turbo upgrade

Postby Turbo3 » Mon May 12, 2003 11:38 am

Yo Minime,

There was some forum comments on bigger turbos last week. It's not just about putting a honking big hairdryer on your manifold and getting heaps of power!  :o
It's got to be the right size. Too big and it would stuggle to make even 5 pounds of boost at 6,000 rpm. Too small, and it spins up really quickly, but doesn't provide as much boost as the engine could handle. This is all balanced with how much fuel the injectors need to flow to give the right air/fuel ratio and a computer to control it all. I'm using an RHB52 on mine, but that's with a completely re-fabricated intake. Even then, we used a polished standard exhaust manifold from a City "E" or Pro as it had short runners to a central collector. This ensured the exhaust gas was being pushed out pretty fast through a smallish pipe to the turbo. If only it were as easy as just bolting stuff on!!  :-/

Pete 8)

QikLude
Forum Addict

Re: bolt on turbo upgrade

Postby QikLude » Mon May 12, 2003 7:33 pm

even still...

there really isnt much that will bolt on anyway...

bit of a pain that :(

Jw

Return to “General”