Mufflers/exhaust systems.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
murray_is_

Re: Mufflers/exhaust systems.

Postby murray_is_ » Thu May 01, 2003 4:02 pm

cool dude can u give me some more details about your system eg. where u ran the 2.5 pipe from in the first place and so forth and if u have pictues can u email them to me at [email protected]

Regards

Murray

murray_is_

Postby murray_is_ » Sat May 03, 2003 7:08 pm

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

hey all

i probly gettin a 2 inch system on my n/a honda city but i need ideas on anything to do with the city to make it go fast

Murray

murray_is_

Postby murray_is_ » Mon May 05, 2003 10:23 am

ok cool dude

there awsome cars hey, where u at??

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon May 05, 2003 10:48 am

hey bro ive got a 2 1/2 dump into a 2 1/4 into a hedman turbo muffler its got a nice burble but its not loud enough i reckon u could probably have a straight pipe as the turbo seems to muffle heaps, i also made the dump pipe myself with my bosses mig alot harder than i thought but saved me about $200, anyway it made a massive difference does huge backfires on hard deccel be good if it blew a flame

murray_is_

Postby murray_is_ » Wed May 07, 2003 4:13 pm

cool dude do u have any photos you could sen me that would be great

Murray

blitz_power

Postby blitz_power » Sat May 10, 2003 12:50 am

Hi.

do u think i put a 2 1/4 dump pipe then 2.5 straight pipe? i finally bought the 2 1/4 today cause 2.5 flench have no stock. Anyone would know it affects the performance?

if 2 1/4 issint good enough i think i will try to get 2.5 inch flench but gonna wait till next week.

help me out pls

i have a 2.5 inch cat back already so just thinking either put 2.5 dump or 2 1/4

boostboy i think u can give me some idea
thanks..

minime

Postby minime » Sat May 10, 2003 4:35 pm

Hey Murray_is_

On many of my minis over the years we have changed Exhausts from 1" to 2" . The best way I found was to cut the ëxhaust and weld on a flange ( kinda like a plate of steel with two holes drilled in each side for the bolts and a hole 1"in the middle for the exhaust ). Then weld another flange on to the 2" pipe (so the bolt holes from the flanges line up ) put a gasket in the middle of the flanges, bolt it up and away you go.

You should be able to buy flanges and gaskets from an exhaust shop. Also a cool idea is to flange your muffler so if you can afford to buy an expensive muffler all you have to do is unbolt your old muffler and bolt up the new without having to modify all your piping

Hope i havent cofused you to much ???

Over and out ;)

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Wed May 14, 2003 6:08 pm

[quote author=murray_is_ link=board=GEN;num=1051265505;start=0#16 date=05/03/03 at 19:08:26] :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

hey all

i probly gettin a 2 inch system on my n/a honda city but i need ideas on anything to do with the city to make it go fast

Murray[/quote]

Dump the factory engine and install the turbo one would be a good start.  I can come up with some uses for the old engine is you are interested too ;)

murray_is_

Postby murray_is_ » Thu May 15, 2003 7:44 am

hey dude do u know where i can get a turbo engine from?? and how many $$ would it cost me, as i am in brisbane

adam

Postby adam » Tue May 20, 2003 1:44 pm

i found a reconditioned engine at the honda wreckers t southport for $900 2 months ago but decided just to rebuild my one if anyones still looking for an engine give hondarec a call

adam

Postby adam » Tue May 20, 2003 1:48 pm

hey guys i was thinking of putting a  twin exhaust on my t2 .i was thinking 2.5 inch from the turbo to the muffler thin 2 2 inch pipes out the back any ideas?

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Tue May 20, 2003 2:42 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Extra weight though.  if there's thing that city's don't need it's extra weight.

Return to “General”