Spiggot Bearing

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Michael

Spiggot Bearing

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if the T2 runs a spiggot bearing? I have pulled my clutch out and it didnt have one but I think it should have. Ive checked the parts diagrams and couldnt see one. I bought one to suit a standard city but it is too big. What spiggot bearing suits the T2?

thanks

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Re: Spiggot Bearing

Postby doggystyle » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:30 pm

too big which way? if it doesnt fit into the fly wheel but fits on the input shaft or vice versa take the bearing into your local bearing shop and get them to find one that fits... if it doesnt fit either flywheel or input shaft take the relative measurements and do the same thing until it fits.. that is unless someone has a part no

Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:29 pm

The gearbox has a 15mm shaft and the flywheel a 19mm hole. The standard city bearing  fits the shaft but is a standard ball bearing type  and so is much larger in outside diameter.  Does anyone know if the T2 uses a spiggot bearing as standard? Also if someone knows what bearing should be used (is it a rollerbearing or a bronze bush ect).

Thanks

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:04 am

T2 does not have a spiggot bearing as standard only the T1.

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:24 pm

Should I put one in anyway? How do allign the clutch without a spiggot bearing?

thanks

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:52 pm

You could put one in there but I am sure there is a reason Honda decided not to. If you are going higher power than stock it is a good idea as there is less likelihood of snapping the input shaft. You should be able to line up clutch by eye. Never seen an E series gear box snap an input shaft (the gears are a different matter)

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:40 pm

I bought a plastic dummy shaft at Auto-Pro for about $7  they had it on the shelf, good value. Almost a necessity if doing it in the car.

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:31 am

Had my flywheel machined to accept a roller spigot bearing for the T2. A nasty vibration sound developed after changing clutches that could not be fixed by anyone in Chch. I had a few posts about this but nobody seemed to have experienced it. Anyway, spigot bearing did NOT cure the problem...didn't make it any worse either  ???
Pete 8)

Return to “General”