Rebuild Secrets Revealed!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Rebuild Secrets Revealed!

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:07 am

Im in the middle of refreshing my engine (don't ask  >:() and I thought i'd let everyone know a few things that should save you some dollars if you ever need to reco a city turbs engine.

Bottom end bearings are the same as the N/A, city E, Pro-T etc...  You can buy these over the counter, ACL supply them.

Rings are close to the N/A version too which are also avaliable through ACL.  The N/A ones are a fraction thicker on the top two compression rings and quite alot thicker in the oil ring seperator.  What you do to use these rings, which are readily avaliable, is get the top two ring groves machined out, its only a fraction, and then use your existing oil ring seperator as they dont wear out, they are only a spacer.  The oil rings are the same thickness and go straight in place of the old ones.

So, if the bores are still in good condition which they normally are (ive never pulled down an ER which hasnt still got factory hone marks still in it) and your pistons are still ok, then for a relatively small amount of dollars, you can have your City Turbo rebuilt!

:)

Brendan
Admin

Re: Rebuild Secrets Revealed!

Postby Brendan » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:24 pm

thats very helpfull - or at least thats what i would have said about a year ago!!!  ;D

Brendan

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:22 pm

Good info dude.  :)

Sleepy
Forum Regular

Postby Sleepy » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:29 pm

thanx man .....Ive been thinking of a complete rebuild but with my knowledge of engines , I would have to get someone else to do it which means money , money money!!

Return to “General”