Brakes

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
craybait
Donating Member

Brakes

Postby craybait » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Does any one know which of the later honda disks /calipers are compatible e.g Jazz[the aust reasonably new Jazz's]
Starting to collect parts for rebuild ,upgrade later this year

Caleb
Donating Member

Re: Brakes

Postby Caleb » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 am

Hi craybait. long time no see, Have you started on the rebuild yet? whats ur city collection like these days. I'm getting started on rebuilding my cabrio at the moment so it would be good to catch up.
To answer your question about brakes, doing a search it seems to be all down to the top hat height for all the bolt on upgrades. people have mentioned civic, crx, prelude & accord, with various rotor & caliper combinations & favoring the si models.
My thinking is as long as the calipers clear the rims (stick on wheel weights included) & you don't mind fabing up some caliper adapter brackets, any 4x100 rotors with the correct center bore will work.

To quote James from 06-07
I have been told Si accord twin-pot callipers and rotors bolt onto the front of a T2, the 2.0 Si ones from the late 80's
I just had to pull apart and clean my twin pot accord brakes this morning, one of the slides had gummed up so the front left wasnt working properly :/. Damn good brakes tho, and pads are cheap as chips and commonly stocked.

but apart from that i have seen 1st gen jazz brakes used once on a T2 but the build info seems to have disappeared from the internet, luckily I saved some pics so hope this worksImage Image

craybait
Donating Member

Postby craybait » Tue May 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Caleb,
Great to hear you still have the cabrio,
I still have the silver T2 in shed with the quaif LSD and it is looking like a 2020 start,
send me a pm with your phone number and I will ring,haven't checked this site much and not a big Facebook user
Cheers
Scott

Jdmcity
Forum Participant

Postby Jdmcity » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Here is an easy almost bolt on brake upgrade if you have a city e with 140mm caliper bolt spacing.

Integra da5 calipers will bolt on, and the brake hose will also bolt right on.

Then grab some front discs off of a 98 holden barina :!: :D . These have the correct offset disc you need, all you need to do to these to make em fit, is bore the center bore out to 61mm (from 60mm), and skim the inside bore of the disc flat (often have casting marks). Some barinas have discs 236mm diameter and some have 256, you can have maximum 240mm with those calipers so if you get some that are 256mm just machine em down to fit!

For new discs they are $59 from supercheap part number SPO1278327.

Also for new pads the part number is DB1123SLP from repco, $11.40 a set.

Cost me $80 for a set of calipers plus $60 for a set of discs from the wreckers, then a set of silver line brake pads for $11 :shock:

Really powerful upgrade, the discs are 236mm and 20mm thick, also vented.

Some wrangling of the brake disc shield may be necessary :wink:

Hope this helps someone!

Return to “General”