Bad Oil leak, Any ideas where from?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Logan nzl
Forum Participant

Bad Oil leak, Any ideas where from?

Postby Logan nzl » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi guys whilst under my T1 today I've noticed a huge oil leak, seems to be all over the underside of the engine ect and looses quite a bit of oil just driving around.

I don't have any photos of it but before I start to clean it all down and look at different stuff does anyone know the common spots it could be leaking from? Thanks heaps!

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Bad Oil leak, Any ideas where from?

Postby KingCity » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:30 pm

It is likely to be a number of things as the ER engines have a few areas that are common for oil leaks. The main one that can create quite a mess is the oil return pipe running underneath the turbo & even the turbo oil feed line can harden & crack over time. As for the oil return pipe the gasket between the turbo & oil return pipe tends to leak over time. The second one is rocker cover seal which is very common & can leave the engine looking quite horrible but does not often leave much of a mess on the ground & the last thing could be worn crank & or cam seals which is another common issue for oil leaks. It could also be your head gasket but very unlikely, best of luck.

Return to “General”