What's wrong with yellow cars?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
hoovermatic

What's wrong with yellow cars?

Postby hoovermatic » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:54 am

A few years ago I had a yellow honda CRX. It was yellow because I chose to have it painted that way. All my friends thought it looked funny but I liked it.

Now I have a honda city which I would like to paint yellow as well. Ive seen another yellow one further back in the forum and observed words like gay being used to describe it.

So whats wrong with yellow. ???

Smithy
Forum Addict

Re: What's wrong with yellow cars?

Postby Smithy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:10 am

I recko it looks good as long as the wheels match it, ie Blacks ones. real dark tinted windows too.

My sister has a yellow beetle (66 i think) real dark windows., californian style bumpers big chrome wheels
looks sweet.

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:52 am

Nothing wrong with yellow cars as far as i'm concerned.  It's just that some people choose to paint their cars yellow because they think that others will respect it more instead of doing it because they actually like it.

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:15 pm

theres a lot of different yellows, and i have to say some dont look to good on cars, like the original city yellow, to much of a greeny yellow (i would prob describe it as lime yellow)

where as the yellow of a integra type r (i think it is called honda racing yellow) looks sweet! but like smithy says, its sometimes the other parts of the car that can make or break it.

i cant get over people putting big solid chrome wheels on white cars  :o  i personally cant stand that. i guess some people have to have no idea, otherwise no one could really stand out!

thats all very opinionated obviously! so dont take any notice of me  if you want to put chromes on your white car ;)

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:27 pm

Wierd, I totally agree, chrome wheels dont look the job on white cars....I have white five 'spoke' rims with
exposed metal on the 'dish' bit of them...

i think white wheel slok alright, bit eith dark gunmetal
or black looks the best on white cars, on modern yellow
cars I think the same, darkgrey or black ie typeR's...

then again black wheels look shocking on black cars but chrome looks sweet..

Its all about contrast baby, Show me you contrasts, make love to the camera, thats it baby, ooze contrast,
oh your turning me on baby.....etc. :P

talkingof that the use of plastic and crhome,
two examples the old MG's the original chrome bumpered jobies look sweet, but hte newer (same shape) "rubber nose" MG's arent as cool, why ?
Its an old design (eg beetle TOO) but with modern
touches ie the tacky rubber/plastic bumpers..
We have america to thank fo rthat design mod, stupid safety for americans, bah humbug.
chrome on modern cars, good on some, bad on Sirion's!

Some modern cars are great in yellow though...
porsches, most honda typeR (integras, civics ).
bad in yellow? how about a yellow mercedes yuck.
or a yellow , urh...mirage? crap, wierd how civic s look sweet though!?!?

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:06 pm

was someone calling my colour scheme gay.. who was that.. maybe they ment bright and happy as i've done the yellow thing to my t2 with black wheels and trim, i think its getting tints soon

Return to “General”