Tur8ociv

Post pictures and details of your Honda City
tur8ociv
Forum Participant

Tur8ociv

Postby tur8ociv » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:43 pm

Hi All,

This is my Civic, I hope everyone likes it.

Here are some details about the car.

Model :  1978 Honda Civic
Mods : Battery moved to the boot. All tags removed from engine bay.
Custom front Mugen spoiler and shortened front and rear bumpers.( All custom done by myself)Front and rear guards have been rolled and pushed out. All badges removed except a specially made CIVIC TYPE R badge that is on the boot.

The boot latch has been removed and a special set-up with solenoid
connected to allow for auto boot realise. Only one door lock, drivers side. RS bonnet vents for cooler engine bay. 4x100 stud conversion. This was done properly with front CRX set-up and rear EN1 wagon drums. 15 x 6.5 inch wheels with 195/50 tyres all round.

Front and rear suspension has been powder coated or repainted. 2 inch
Lower springs all round with Tokico struts. Adjustable strut tops by Noltec and lengthened lower control arms gives A LOT of neg camber. ( about 4 deg, a bit more that required I usually run around 2.5). Rear has about 1.5 deg neg. Noltec bushings all round. Mods to come are some stronger sway bars and adjustable caster bars on the front.

The interior has re-trimmed Recaros with the Civic Type R badge
stitched to the centre. 4-point race harnesses, Accord speedo and tacho and 6 VDO engine monitoring gauges along the dash board. new carpet, Momo steering wheel and gear knob. Pioneer stereo. PLUS a multitude of small changes and mods to clean things up.

Engine : 1984 ER Turbo
Standard T1 ER Turbo conversion. 2.5 inch exhaust system with 3 inch
dump. Lightened flywheel and new clutch. Air pod filter. Not much done here. I was going to have some mods done to it and rebuild the engine but I could never find anyone at the right time to do the work. Doesn't matter because I will be replacing it with a new engine. Watch this space !

I've had the car for about 5 years now and spent a good part of 4 years rebuilding it to the standard that you now see before you. I bought it as a $400 ex shopping car and started pulling it apart almost straight away. The first rebuild that I did took about 12 months and I painted it myself in red, had the engine conversion done, got it about 90% complete then decided that I wasn't happy with the result and started pulling it apart again.

This rebuild has taken me about another 2 - 3 years. I got it
professionally re-sprayed and spent a lot of time trying to make it as neat and clean as possible. I finally got it engineered and took it to the rego authorities. The car passed with flying colours even with the amount of mods that have been done. They were impressed that I had spent so much time trying to 'get it right' so it would pass. The result was worth it.

Here are some pics

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Album: http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery/view_a ... me=album14

Return to “Member Cars”