bitterberry

Post pictures and details of your Honda City
bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Re: bitterberry

Postby bitterberry » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:08 pm

rafke wrote:
bitterberry wrote:Yeah the springs I bought actually raised the front a bit compared to the honda integra springs that were already in there, so I'm gonna swap them back to get it even.
Anthrax runs this facebook page, is pretty cool https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... 2251566284

about what you just explain,
do the springs of the ITR lower the city more than the stock springs?
on stock shocks?

Sorry I should have said, there were lowering springs for an integra that were in the city, not stock integra springs

Mont
Forum Participant

Postby Mont » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:49 pm

bitterberry wrote:
rafke wrote:
bitterberry wrote:Yeah the springs I bought actually raised the front a bit compared to the honda integra springs that were already in there, so I'm gonna swap them back to get it even.
Anthrax runs this facebook page, is pretty cool https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... 2251566284

about what you just explain,
do the springs of the ITR lower the city more than the stock springs?
on stock shocks?

Sorry I should have said, there were lowering springs for an integra that were in the city, not stock integra springs

What integra are you talking about? dc2 or some older model?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 pm

not 100% sure. Had a mate look up the number on the springs and he said it was for an integra. I can update later with the number if anyone's interested, but it was only springs for the front, not sure if back would work

Mont
Forum Participant

Postby Mont » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:55 pm

bitterberry wrote:not 100% sure. Had a mate look up the number on the springs and he said it was for an integra. I can update later with the number if anyone's interested, but it was only springs for the front, not sure if back would work

I'm interested, please post the numbers :)

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Rears wont work from Integra as they are coil overs (coil over shock) & have a smaller diameter therefore wont sit correctly, front Civic or Integra (1985 up) springs will work on front city shocks but they will need heating or chopping to get the ride height down & will not be captive, i'd be very surprised to see aftermarket lowered springs for a Civic or Integra drop the City at all with them being captive, i chopped about 3-4inches out of some EG Civic springs to get the height down as low as your one Bitterberry & it had about 3inches of uncaptive gap at full shock stroke, also it use to bottom out big time on the shocks on even the smallest of bumps.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Put the old integra lowering springs back in, much better. Still a little higher in the front than the back but i'm happy with it atm. Also handles really good right now, so flat in the corners, barely feels like i'm driving a city ;)
Bare in mind my driveway is on a slight hill so it looks a little more leany than it actually is.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:39 am

Updert!

So the City's been absolutely eating my front tires.. A mechanic at work said I might need a wheel alignment, any other ideas why I'd be going through front tires so quick? I'm not ripping skids and I got these tires 4~ months ago.

Front tire Image

Vs rear tire Image

Also got new steering wheel, gear knob and doof doof sub (thanks dan)

Steering wheel is in such a better position, not in my face anymore Image

Got the new turbo mocked up on the other motor, it's nearing but been a bit lazy with it.. Need to spin it around to line up the oil lines, get a couple gaskets and set up water lines.

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:10 pm

wheel alignment. mine did the same thing after being jacked up for a couple of months.

turbos looking good. where did you get that adapter and what flange size does it convert to?

must be easy mocking up turbo on spare engine. i had to do mine under the car. never again.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Ah good to know! I'm gonna book in a wheel alignment at work this week, gonna need new tires for the front though..
Adapter was custom made by the guys at Uniweld in Christchuch, cost a pretty penny though but it's all one piece that's been cut out so no welds. It goes from the T1 turbo to a VI95, which are almost the same (which is why i bought the turbo in the first place) but turns out you can't "drill out" the holes in the VI95 to make them fit, they're slightly too far apart. Thus the adapter was made. If I knew it didn't bolt up I probably would have got a better turbo and got an adapter for that but oh well, should still be a decent power upgrade

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Yeah man it looks like its got bad 'toe in' You could adjust it yourself, i do my own if needed but im quite hard on tyres so they dont last long anyway. Turbo looks good, i had the same issue with a newer 3.0Ltr Rodeo turbo & knew that the holes couldn't be oversized/slotted inward as the turbo exhaust inlet was to wide, chances are you may have the wrong exhaust flange type than the one used in the older 2.8Ltr model like it was shown in the City infoBase page, i just checked it then to find that there are no photos of that anymore, from memory there were photos of the Rodeo turbo upgrade. Anyway i just want to point out that i hope you allowed clearence tolerance between the turbo & firewall, reason i ask is with that adapter in there it will spare the turbo out more which could come in contact with the engine to firewall mount (the main mount structure on the firewall) I notice my standard T2 turbo & even T1 turbo sit very close at around 20-25mm away, my Hi-flowed T1 turbo sits about 15mm away so theres not alot of room in there when you take into account of engine movement/flex through the crappy mounts, it may not be an issue but just wanted to point it out in case you wander what that banging noise is when your fanging it through the gears :lol:

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:32 am

I did get under the car and mock it up too, from what I can tell its gonna be close but hopefully should fit

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Thu May 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Car failed its wof on some serious rust, plus wheel bearing and a rack boot, so it's off the road for a while. So I decided that while the car's off the road I may as well get stuck into all the things I've been wanting to get done. With any luck the cam from the other motor is going into kelford tomorrow. Needs re-weld and re-grind and faces polished. Entire bottom end is at HPE right now, they're taking a look at what needs doing and pricing it up, hopefully they can arrange valve clean up, new rings bearings gaskets etc. Springs are at chamberlains, they're compressing the Zoom! ones that put it way high. Next on the list is getting this farking turbo set up, and biting the bullet and getting the rust sorted. Hopefully updates to come!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Serious rust on the blue one? whereabouts??

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Thu May 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Where the front right control arm meets the chassey. Must have been getting dodgey warrents before I bought it because it shouldn't have passed for the last 2-3 warrents, but you can't see it unless its on a hoist

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri May 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Cool Beans. Interested to know how your engine rebuild goes, probably be cheaper for me to send a engine head over there to be redone rather than have it done locally.

Return to “Member Cars”